Having problems with Network connection ?!
meliandray

Ok I bought my Nexus Galaxy the middle of june last month. I love my phone..EXCEPT for this one issue that is really killing it for me. I always (at least when I most need it) am not having connection on my phone to use web browser or download an app in play store...so basically when it needs to connect to internet on throug the NETWORK...it does not! If I am at home I turn my WIFI setting on and it's fine and faster, but for example when I am out of town in 4 G area coverage like I was this weekend  Long Beach Ca. it tells me it can't connect to network. WHY? Do I need to change a setting on there? My husband has an older HTC 3G model phone with Verizon and he checks his internet connections and it works fine! I restart my phone (that wastes time) and continues to not connect. I CAN make calls just can't connect to internet or steam my music. It only lets me if I apply the WiFi (when I CAN connect to WiFi setting)

This is annoying when you NEED to connect to find a place or Google something and I do NOT have wifi available and need to connect via the network. Can someone advise or share any info?

0 Likes
Re: Having problems with Network connection ?!
cconover
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem.  I got my Galaxy Nexus new yesterday, and I've had a completely unreliable connection.  I get connectivity for about 30-60 seconds, then it drops again.  I can't use data, voice or text when it drops.  It doesn't come back for a few minutes, at best.

Skitch64

I also have this same problem and have had the phone since February or March.  I've contacted Verizon via email since the latest update to 4.0.4 (this update was supposed to fix the phone) and was told to dial *611 from my phone to talk to a representative.  When I called, it said there was a 2 hour wait before they would be able to talk to me.  I will try calling them again. 

In the meantime, I've been using the phone in 3G mode and I have a little bit stronger signal.  I love the phone, but I'm not impressed with the connectivity.  I will be trading in this phone if there is not a fix for it soon.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

The only solution I found was to disable 4g... I think its a bad radio driver.

I believe that a fix should be common soon for this because developers has worked out this bug unofficially..

0 Likes
lexylynn

I just got my phone yesterday and I've had really unreliable service as well. I switched it too 3G and it's helped a bit, but I paid for a 4G phone and that's what I should have. I'm gonna take a walk to the store this weekend and see what they say. I LOVE the phone so the rotten connectivity is killing it for me.

0 Likes
mooremt12
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue with connectivity. It drops data connection after sending text messages, right after hanging up on phone calls, sometimes drops connection right in the middle of a call. Also sporadic as to whether the connection re-establishes at all. Rather than wait and see, most of the time I just reset the phone to get the connection back as switching the antenna off and on (airplane mode) does nothing. Notice more when I'm on a 4G connection so I've switched it off for now. Will have to go through the nightmarish process of returning / getting a replacement if it doesn't get any better soon.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

The Nexus I had wouldn't hold a signal also, I installed "No Signal Alert" from Play Store to see how bad it was and during the night the device lost connection 48 times, after seeing this I decided it had to go, I switched to the Galaxy S3 and have seen one lost connection issue.

The connection was solid with the 4G turned off.

mooremt12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Appreciate the advice, it's always good to have evidence when talking to customer service so the app recommendation is great, thanks.

0 Likes