Re: Has anyone successfully managed to get VZW to replace Fascinate with a different phone?
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

geomimi wrote:

Can I call Samsung and have my Fascinate replaced with the Droid Charge since not all Verizon stores are allowing the swap?

If you have about three months and want to send it to them 6 times You may get one

That is how long I had to deal with Samsung

VZW must be Strong arming Samsung on this one

Samsung's Policy is same phone or one of lesser value (Gem or Continuim) and trust me they are more than happy to have you keep sending it in for them to put the broken software back on and send it back to you

But it is worth a try maybe you will have different results

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone successfully managed to get VZW to raplace Fascinate with a different phone?
rjb0471
I went to the store in Mechanicsville, VA with the info given to us on this forum by Mike about replacing the phones. The tech rep was unbelievably rude. I tried to explain that the problem with missing calls was intermittent, but she insisted on checking it out. She came back and said everything was fine with the phone. I said the problem was intermittent and I was informed that the policy was to replace the phone. She just rudely said that she knew the policy and basically threw a flyer with the warranty replacement number on it and said to call them. I wish I had gotten her name, so I could report her. Anyway, I called the warranty replacement number and talked to Tyrone. He was great. He said he knew about the problems with the Fascinate and gave me the option to replace it with the Charge, Incredible 2 or Droid X2. I'm never buying Samsung again and the X2 seem to big, plus my wife has the original Incredible and it's been a good phone for her, so I went with the Incredible 2. I should be getting it Tuesday by FedEx. It's probably a refurb but at least it hopefully works.
0 Likes
Re: Has anyone successfully managed to get VZW to replace Fascinate with a different phone?
bornstein

About 30 days ago, I was successful in swapping my Fascinate with a HTC Incred 2. They key for me was speaking directly to a store manager and describing a specific issue that arose after Samsung / VZW pushed out a software update that rendered my device unusable for me. Be calm, and firm. The store mgr replaced my 7 month old device at no charge and I'm satisfied

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone successfully managed to get VZW to raplace Fascinate with a different phone?
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

Armed with Mike's information, I went to a local Verizion store on Sunday.  I did not know about the new policy, but I happened to look at the message boards the day before.  Anyway, when I went in, I had a copy of the information Mike had posted.  The gentleman I spoke with was very nice.  He didn't need to see the posting I had with me.  He knew of the policy.  He asked me what was wrong with my Fascinate.  I told him about the intermittent missed calls and the battery life.  He did not try to fix the phone or reboot it. 

He did not give me a choice of phones.  He put in an order for a Samsung Charge phone.  I spoke with him about my hesitancy to get another Samsung phone, but he said so far the Charge has not had the issues as the Fascinate did.  He put in an order to have the phone overnighted to me and then I would have to send back the Fascinate.  He also said if I had any trouble get the new phone activated or transferring my contacts, etc. to the new phone, to come in and they would do it. 

The one thing he did tell me was that because I had the insurance plan on my Fascinate, they could overnight the phone to me and waive the cost.  If I did not have insurance, overnighting would have cost around $12.  I imagine if you argued enough, you could get that waived or just have them send it regular mail.

I am hesitant about another Samsung phone.  I don't imagine I will get another one when it comes time to change phones.  But at least they were willing to give me a new phone without a hassle.  Hopefully the phone will get here as promised.

0 Likes
angelxeternity

When I first called tech support to try to swap out my fascinate I was given and incredibly difficult time! The tech support lady kept insisting that EVERY phone that reports this problem MUST be officially trouble shot by VZW before any replacements can be issued. Seeing that my fascinate is the only phone I have, she kept directing me to go into the store to "investigate" my claims and yadda yadda. I explicitly told her that I'm fully aware of the policy regarding the fascinate and that I'll gladly provide her with the infomanager details on how to pull it up. Then I quoted to her that no amount of trouble shooting (ie hard reset, factory reset, soft reset, etc etc) will fix the missed call problem and that the problems DO NOT have to be replicated in store. STILL she adamantly refused to listen to what I had to say and kept reiterating that EVERY PHONE needed to be trouble shot because they needed to "provide statistics directly to Samsung to file a claim." What a bunch of **bleep**! Tired of talking in circles with her, I agreed to go to the store in the morning.

Anyway, instead of giving her the satisfaction of sending me to the store to possibly have them give me the run around, I decided to private message one of the VZW employees that have been offering their help here on the message boards. The lady who helped me gave me absolutely NO PROBLEMS. She said she herself is getting her replacement in the mail tomorrow and understands. She even gave me a call and set up my replacement WITHOUT changing my new every 2 date NOR charging me for anything including overnight shipping! I'm a happy camper now :smileyhappy:

So my advice for those having a hard time is to just private message a VZW employee on here. They know of the policy and should be willing to help.

0 Likes
BLed

I was also offered the X2, Incredible 2, or Charge and I'm having a hard time deciding which to choose.  I like how the Incredible fits in my hand and it seems similar to the HTC Eris I formerly had and liked minus its issues.  I also have no service at my house since I moved in  12/07 but have chosen to stay with Verizon because the service seems better elsewhere.  Tech support wants me to choose a phone, then they are going to try and work on the service issues at my home.  The fact that there is no trial period when they swap out a phone makes it really hard to make a decision when there is known issues with all the phones they offer as a replacement.  The Incredible 2 according to the forum has issues with poor reception and signal, something that is an issue for me no matter what the phone.  How do I decide?  Switch to ATT???

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

You may want to look at a new thread I started to update everyone on my situation trying to get a Droid Charge as a replacement.  It seems now the stores and customer service are saying that the policy has changed again and the Droid Charge is no longer a part of this policy.  I was only given the choice of the Incredible 2 or X2.  Read on if you are interested.  Good luck to all...I must say that while I appreciate Verizon offering this trade, it has been handled poorly and inconsistently...

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Samsung-Fascinate/Attention-those-of-you-who-are-looking-to-get-a-Droid-...

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello,

Please view the posting below to answer your question about the Fascinate. Thank you! 

Fascinate

0 Likes