Hard Reset, really work?
asb1264

As everyone else I loved my phone before the update. I have several prob's with my phone now. I am experiencing them multiple times daily. Here is a brief list:

1. Missed calls/texts

2. Resends old text

3. Always reboots and turns on in safe mode. I have to pull the battery many times a day to get out of safe mode. Then I have to reset any widgets which are removed from this process.

4. Voice talk/search activation screen randomly pops up when no one is near the phone.

5. Bluetooth is now horrible! Shows paired/connected but when a call comes in you just never know!!!  Could even start in Bluetooth then switch in the middle of call. Yes, I've repaired everything after the update.

6. Battery life is non existent

6. The lights on the buttons randomly flash or stay stuck on

7. Screens freeze constantly forcing me to pull the battery, hence ending up in safe mode again

8. Photos won't delete

etc....................

I use this phone for business more than personal and I need to count on my phone. If I break down and do a reset will any of these problems go away? I've tried several of the "fixes" I was told to do by the tech at the store and here I am now.....

Contemplating biting the bullet and paying for a new phone. I think we should be compensated by someone for selling us phones that do not work as advertised!

Please tell me if doing the reset has helped you and if you have any suggestions before I do it?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Hard Reset, really work?
no_service
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can tell you it is not likely to help you. I have most of your same problems (do not have #4 and haven't tried #8) and I have done a hard reset and none of them went away. They are problems embedded in the base software and will not go away with a reset to the same software.

Also, if you are going to buy a new phone, it should be with a different carrier. You should not be forced to spend hundreds of dollars for a new phone with Verizon when you already paid for a phone and service you are not receiving. Don't keep giving them your money when they do not keep their part of the contract.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

I would say do the hard reset First

If that does not fix it you will need to replace it

And yes it can fix some problems will it fix missed call absolutely NOT

0 Likes
DolphinsSplash

I experienced lock-ups where I had to take out the battery to reboot, and all of this began after I upgraded the O/S to 2.2.  Before that I didn't have a single problem with the phone.  I took it back to Verizon and they did a factory reset, and so far (it's only been a few days) it seems to have worked.  They told me that if it didn't solve the problem they would give me a new phone.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

DolphinsSplash wrote:

I experienced lock-ups where I had to take out the battery to reboot, and all of this began after I upgraded the O/S to 2.2.  Before that I didn't have a single problem with the phone.  I took it back to Verizon and they did a factory reset, and so far (it's only been a few days) it seems to have worked.  They told me that if it didn't solve the problem they would give me a new phone.

I noticed several users are opting of going back to 2.1, even though Verizon says you can't, you can't the Verizon way, XDA Developers has a way to go back to 2.1
0 Likes
nienie

Reset did not work and if anything made the phone worse regarding calls. My mother did the same reset and now her ringer doesn't work half of the time.  Finally able to talk with a Verizon teer 2 technician and he gave me three options of phones to pick from and my Droid X 2 is in the mail...

0 Likes
asb1264

I did the hard reset out of complete frustration and almost wrecking trying to continually pulling the battery while driving. I need my phone/bluetooth to work, I'm on the road a lot for my job!

I will agree with everything everyone has posted. It fixed some of the bugs. Haven't tried out the blue tooth until today when I go back to work. BUT I completely agree it has made the missed calls worse! Last night at midnight I received notice of a missed call and  VM from 12 hours earlier! Plus I was working on closing a deal this weekend. I missed several calls without any notice and phone was in normal mode the entire time.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

asb1264 wrote:

I did the hard reset out of complete frustration and almost wrecking trying to continually pulling the battery while driving. I need my phone/bluetooth to work, I'm on the road a lot for my job!

I will agree with everything everyone has posted. It fixed some of the bugs. Haven't tried out the blue tooth until today when I go back to work. BUT I completely agree it has made the missed calls worse! Last night at midnight I received notice of a missed call and  VM from 12 hours earlier! Plus I was working on closing a deal this weekend. I missed several calls without any notice and phone was in normal mode the entire time.

You would think Verizon would be more considerate of their customers, having all these problems with this phone, its time Verizon steps up and realizes we have a dud of a phone.
0 Likes
jojonoon19

Aside from the factory reset (I can't, my phone won't even keep from rebooting long enough for me to access that in my apps menu options), any other suggestions?

This just started a couple hours ago, and I'm at a loss. Removed the battery a couple of times, rebooted and bang! Same situation...keeps triple vibrating then shutting itself off and rebooting. On a personal note, it's driving me insane! Lol!

Any help/suggestions would be welcome. Otherwise, I guess I'm hitting the local Verizon store before closing time tonight!

0 Likes