Grrr! What to do next...
Travo112

I am being sent my 8th GNEX in 4 months since purchasing the phone. I called about the problem today and wasn't told any solutions except to be told a new one was ordered with out prior notice. I then called customer care I was told rudely to either get the replacement, upgrade or pay full cost. Also that they're doing me a favor by doing this for the manufacturer... Isnt this why I am paying for total equipment coverage? What gives seriously... What would you guys do?

0 Likes
Re: Grrr! What to do next...
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

You havent told us the problem yet.

They arent really in the practice anymore of switching you to a different model, and it is true that theysend out the phones for te manufacturer. You could deal with samsung directly on this but you will be will be without a phone while they are fixing it, so hopefully you have a backup. And the total equipment coverage is for lost stolen damaged and extended warranty.If you did not have that you would still get replacements for the first year.

0 Likes
fergieg
Contributor - Level 2

What is the issue with your phone?

You know, this "this is my nth replacement" story is getting so old!! The fact that you got 1 or 50 replacements does not say ANYTHING or even confirm that there is an issue with the phone. However, it does confirm that these smartphones are becoming INCREASINGLY COMPLEX for most users to operate AND maintain. The sad thing is it is true EVEN for the Verizon reps, who are supposed to be the "experts". But in reality, these reps are some of the biggest losers that Verizon pays very little and use as shields from complaining customers. Trust me, most of these reps are high-school drop-outs, former drug-addicts who can barely construct a sentence, let alone give you advice or fix your smartphone. That's why, ANY TIME THEY HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT AN ISSUE THEY SEND OUT A REPLACEMENT. It is the EASIEST thing to do. It is the solution that gets you off their face when they have no answer and no clue to where to even begin...

0 Likes
Travo112

With all due respect guys I did not explain the issues because it is irrelevant to the situation at the point but if it would make everyone feel better I have had 3 which would completely drop signal when I tried to make a call, send a text or use data on 4g (turned my phone into a glorified paper weight.) 2 which would charge but not work for data, 1 which got poor reception everywhere, and 1 which would power cycle constantly. All symptoms kept ongoing WITHOUT 3rd party apps and after hard resets. I can understand your point about the employees point of views however. Thank you guys for your time in reading my gripes. It just gets aggravating I have purchased 3 phones at full price this year but this is more about the principle of the entire situation.

0 Likes
fergieg
Contributor - Level 2

Here's my opinion on no-contract phone purchases: If you are buying phones with no contract (doesn't necessary mean at retail price), YOU MUST go with a GSM carrier. On the CDMA side, carriers HAVE WAY TOO MUCH control over the phones software (as well as the update process), not to mention the measly 4 to 6 handset choices. On the GSM side, the market is open and there is enough competition to keep the handset prices down (compared to CDMA equivalent), direct manufacturer support and hundreds of devices to choose from. That's how 95% of the world's mobile phone subscribers buy phones  and it is working for them!

Carriers in the US need to get out of selling handset business.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

8 replacements points at user, not equipment

0 Likes
Travo112

Yes because a hard reset (and if applicable software update) would not typically fix the issue, and I am making the transmitter fail. You're extremely ignorant but hey I was hoping any and all ignorant people like yourself would reply to this because it helps the situation.

0 Likes
Travo112

I completely agree with you, I am still kicking us for switching from ATT when the iPhone 4 came out for vzw.

0 Likes
fergieg
Contributor - Level 2

Travo, once you explained the issues, yes, replacement phones were necessary (although the problems you are having are pretty common with GN). mdram is also incorrect is saying they were user issues.

Now, you are saying "hey I was hoping any and all ignorant people like yourself would reply to this because it helps the situation". I understand you are mad - but here is my question to you - with issues like the ones you described, what exactly the kind of resolution you were hoping to get by posting your issue in this forum?

0 Likes
Travo112

I am trying to see what people have done to either live with their phone or move on. I like knowing all my options. Yes I am mad, that was not directed towards you, I apologize.

0 Likes