Re: Group Text Issues
danfouts1414
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi AlbertoR_VZW.  No, WiFi or Data doesn't matter.  I will flip them on and off to try to get it to unfreeze and it makes no difference.  From reading everyone else's comments...Device doesn't matter.  It has happened to people on all different devices on different messaging services.  

But it's consistently the SAME situation for everyone here:

Group Text is working Fine

All of a sudden, your texts get stuck on sending and you don't receive anyone else's texts either

All of the other people's texts show up under their own individual contact but it just says "Download" so you know they had sent something.  Clicking download just shows "downloading" but nothing happens.

About 30 minutes later all of a sudden everything releases.  Your responses all go through and all of their texts disappear from the individual contact and start coming through the group chat.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for confirming. What is the messaging application that you use on your device? If you try a different messaging application does the same thing happen? 

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes
danfouts1414
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes RogerZ_VZW...same thing regardless.  I use Messages+.  I tried the standard Messaging app that comes with the Galaxy as well.  Reading comments, others have used other programs I don't use as well so it's not the program.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue with this group message, professorchaos22. Let's look further into this. If you start a new group message with two or three people does this happen? Do you notice this after one particular person sends a message?  What zip code are you in?  JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing that information. We want to make sure you are provided with the best service as a customer and have a working phone. With regard to your text messaging issue are you using a third party messaging application or the orignal one provided? Does this only occur with specific numbers or all numbers? JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Does this only occur with specific numbers or all numbers? 

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes