My calendar entries still show up in my phone calendar but entries from the other Google calendar (which WAS synced) have suddenly all disappeared from my phone. All entries still show up when I go to the calendar online. Entries are from 2 separate Gmail accounts that we share info between. When I try to add the other Google account to my phone I get the message "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server". What gives? It was working fine.
I have provided a few steps below that may help.
Step 1. Try a soft reset on the device. Power off the device and pull out the battery. Once the battery is pulled out, place the battery back in and power the device back on.
Step 2. Ensure that the sync settings are properly set on the device. I have provided an article with the instructions below:
Step 3. Try adding the additional Gmail account once again. I have provided an article with the instructions below:
Thank you for your reply.
1) I tried the soft reset but no luck.
2) I checked the settings. Everything is configured as instructed.
3) I tried adding the other Gmail account back. I still get the same error message: " Can't establish a reliable connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care."
I have Wi-Fi enabled, no internet connection issues, and 2-3 bars on signal display.
If the problem continues to present itself you will need to perform a factory reset to clear out everything. The instructions to do this are listed below:
1. Hold Home Button and press power (continue to hold until you see the triangle with an asterisk like in step 2)
2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with asterisk
3. Let Go of Home Button and Power
4. Press Search Button (Far Right Button)
5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device
6. Select Yes to verify
7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)
8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot
9. Sometimes phone hangs after reboot and will take a while but if no response after 5 - 10 minutes, pull the battery and reinsert. (Device usually starts fine after this)