Google Wallet
Dld4a
Enthusiast - Level 1

I really want my mobile wallet back! Any word on when Verizon is going to let me have it? Google Wallet and Isis apps say they "This item is not compatible with your device." Do I have any other options?

Re: Google Wallet
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not at this time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
NeedMoreCoffee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Last rep I talked to told me that Isis is the thing or going to be the thing.  I wish they would allow Google Wallet as well.  I have no interest in Isis.

0 Likes
CHRIS42060
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon will not let you have Google Wallet.  Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T are working on making their pockets bigger with Isis.  Unfortunately that means they will continue to block Google Wallet so there is no competition.  Personally if there is something Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T are working together on I would prefer staying as far away as possible.  Google Wallet is possible to side load on your device since unlike the iPhone non-market apps can be installed.

joder
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's possible - google is your friend.

CHRIS42060
Enthusiast - Level 3

So Verizon just lied through their teeth to the FCC.  I am excited to see how much that fine will be when they figure it out. 

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/12/10/verizon-responds-to-fcc-complaint-over-blocking-of-google-walle...

Aikidood
Contributor - Level 1

They are gonna get out of it if not dragging it out indefinitely

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Bet Verizon will win. Google locks out anyone using the secure layer which could be deemed anticompetitive. Isis has to bypass(turn off) or else Isis will not work. Paypal can't use it either when they wanted to. Square at one point wanted to use it, but changed their minds when they found out they were locked out with no way of making their own secure element.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I am surprised everyone is talking about Isis and wallet which are not the competition in the grand scheme of things.

Wallet and Isis are nothing more than terminal apps. The real competition is Paypass and V.Me. I bet both Wallet, and Isis will support both and in the end it doesn't matter.

0 Likes
King-Antonius

Does anyone have a direct fcc link for this issue where more complaints can be filed? If enough people do, they will eventually make verizon allow it again.

0 Likes