Re: Gnex will not charge in car power source anymore.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is unusual performance for the reliable Nexus pinkcrane! I am still enjoying mine and have never had an issue with charging it in the car. Have you tried testing it in another vehicle? How about another device in your vehicle? We will figure this out!

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
pinkcrane

The phone has same issue in other cars as well. My friends phones charge perfectly fine in my car. Just seems crazy to me that I pay so much money for a phone that just doesn't want to work. All I want is to get a new phone (not a refurbished one) and stay with Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your update pinkcrane. After buying the new car charger, did it seem to charge temporarily? If your phone is off does it charge? Go to Settings, Battery and then connect to car charger. Does it still say not charging or does anything pop up?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
pinkcrane

When it doesn't want to charge it is random. It doesn't happen all the time. Just when I need to phone it seems. It will charge when the phone is shut off. I tried going to settings and still says it isn't charging, no pop ups

0 Likes
readyfireaim
Enthusiast - Level 3

I thought it was me!  MY phone won't chare in my car anymore!! I have tried multiple chargers, in multiple cars.  My blackberry (Work phone) charges fine.  The GNex won't.

Hey VZ, how about you just release 4.3 and unlock google wallet!

0 Likes
Philip68

I too have recently started having issues with my GNEX charging in the car.  I purchased the phone in January 2012 and have had no issues other than battery life which I purchased the factory Samsung 2100 series battery to help with.  About one month ago the phone stopped charging in any of my vehicle charging ports.  I noticed that if I wiggled the cord at the micro USB port connection I would occasionally get confirmation of the lightening bolt that the phone was charging.  I thought that it was the USB cord so I replaced it with a new one that I has purchased from ZAGG as well as a new ZAGG charger.  No dice, so I returned the charger but kept the cord.  I then tried my original Samsung plug with the ZAGG cord, again it wouldn't charge.  I then tried my Samsung cord with a new SCOCSHE charging plug, finally it worked, or so I thought, it showed charging for about 2 minutes and then actually quit charging.  I took it to my local cellular repair shop and they said it was a broken MICRO USB port so I paid them $65 to repair it.  I plugged it back into my car and immediately it showed it was charging, only to last about 2 minutes again and quit charging.  I have gone thru all my apps and uninstalled anything that I installed in the last 2 months and there has been no change.  I have insurance thru Verizon, what are my options?  I have to have a working charged phone for my work.

Thanks

Philip

I forgot to mention there is no damage, water or otherwise to the phone.

0 Likes
Sonoran_Chris
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also started having a similar problems recently with my car charger and my GNEX!!!  Phone charges perfectly when plugged into a Wall Charger or into my computer via USB.  The only thing I've done special with the charger was that I used the 2nd USB port to simultaneously charge my wife's GNEX.

My GNEX does have a busted screen, but otherwise is working like a champ.

Went into the Verizon Store and purchased a new car charger and it is charging again just fine.  I'm curious if there was a bad batch of car chargers?  I hate the new dual port car charger with the stupid light at the end of it...  you set your phone down and the touch sensitive light activates on its own while driving.   Annoying seeing the light come on and off while driving at night but at least it charges properly.

0 Likes