Gnex will not charge in car power source anymore.
Guy2013

Does anyone know why Gnex will not charge in the car while it's on?. I changed the wire and the adapter for the power source. It worked at one time but now it does not. I even tried using the wire that came with my Gnex and still not charging while on. If I shut it down it will charge but not while it is on. HELP...

0 Likes
Re: Gnex will not charge in car power source anymore.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Guy2013
That's very odd! Have no fear help is here! I know how important it is to be able to charge your device on the go! The device should charge while powered on. Let's work together and get this working.Have you tried a different charger? Will it charge while on when plugged into the wall? Let's make sure an application isn't causing these issues. Please power it in Safe mode and retest. Here's how: http://bit.ly/T7z0aW

I look forward to hearing from you and getting this fixed!

Sincerely
Joe_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Guy2013

Yes it is very odd. It worked before now it doesn't. Yes I have tried several different chargers with the cable that came with the phone. Yes it charges in the wall while on & in the USB port on my computer. I tried the SAFE MODE as you requested and still not charging while on. Any other suggestions?.

Guy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying those steps. I know that this is frustrating because you don't want your phone going dead while connecting with friends and family. Is the phone damaged? Is the charging port damaged or loose? Is the charger damaged? Are you using any battery saving apps? If so, try and remove  the application. Keep us posted?

Kinquana_VZW

0 Likes
Guy2013

No the phone is not damaged. That is a negative that the port is damaged or loose. I can charge it in the wall and in my USB port on my computer. I replaced the car charger & cable. No battery saving apps applied on phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I really appreciate all you've tried Guy2013. I'm sure its a bit frustrating at this point. Have you tried using a different charger for something else in your car? It could be that a fuse that isn't working in your vehicle. Have you tried charging phone in a different vehicle? If you've tried other chargers, other USBs, and all work in wall, it may be a fuse in the vehicle. Please try checking that out and keep us posted.

Thanks,
Vanessa_VZW

0 Likes
prolific

Wow! I have been experiencing this exact same issue with my GNex for the past 3-4 months. The phone will only charge if it is completely off in my car. It will work using a USB cord with my car DVD player USB input, but of course that is not enough power to actually charge the phone.

0 Likes
pinkcrane

My Gnew does the same thing also. No rhyme or reason to it. I have done everything under the moon to fix it. Turn it off, take battery out, even bought a new charger, still hates me I brought my issue to my local Verizon store and got no results. Makes me upset that I pay over $100 a month for a smart phone that isn't very smart. I have been with Verzon since they took over Bell Atlantic and feel that loyalty means nothing. I would love to get a new phone but no upgrade for me till Jan 2014 I was told. So, I am stuck with a phone that decides when it will charge and barely holds that charge when it does. For the first time I am actually considering bailing ship and going to AT&T. Don't think my patience will last till Jan 2014.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear prolific,

Good afternoon. Being able to charge your phone at all times is very important. Especially with your phone still being powered on. I am sorry you have been experiencing charging issues with your device.

In researching your conerns, I was able to verify this is not a known issue with the Galaxy Nexus. To get to the bottom of this I would need some information. Have you tried using a different car charger? When you plug it in the car charger do you get a certain error message? We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW

0 Likes
pinkcrane

I have the same issue as the two other individuals. I have bought a new charger from Verizon and tried all the charger ports in my car with the same results.  No error message comes up it just doesn't charge. Hard to believe that it isn't an issue with the Galaxy Nexus when multiple people having same issue.

0 Likes