Gmail has been updating ALL DAY!
UneekMo

I have a Galaxy Nexus. Received the update on Saturday. Everything has been ok, just been trying to get used to the changes in the camera, etc. When I woke up this morning though, saw the 'down arrow with a line under it', symbolizing a download was in progress. When this happens though, the update is quick, yet this update has been running ALL DAY!? I have tried to FORCE STOP, I have turned off 'Automatic Updates', I have powered down, did a battery pull... yet all times I have attempted to stop it, it starts updating again automatically?? Wondering if anyone else is having the same problem with Gmail updating, or what I could do to solve?! THX!

0 Likes
Re: Gmail has been updating ALL DAY!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you also go into the Play Store and verify it is still downloading?

My phone either the Nexus or the Tbolt would occasionally get stuck downloading an application update. I would then check the Play Store. If the app was listed as installed, I would then clear the "downloading" message from the notification bar.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes