Give us an update...
lthibeault
0 Likes
Re: Give us an update...
ChuckG73

Dial *611 and ask someone from support, they keep telling me that Froyo has started rolling out today......

0 Likes
lthibeault

show me someone that has froyo... then have them dump the kernel into the xda forum or irc channel so they can fix it... lol

0 Likes
yoworm

I just got off the phone with a verizon rep and after getting tired of talking to me.  I asked her how far in advance they found out about updates and she stated for example we would know when the update was available and ready to be pushed out then she said lets say for example January 10th they will start pushing out in stages but we dont know when a particular device would get an update.  She did not however mention whether it was the FROYO update or a fix/patch

0 Likes
micdawg12

I don't believe it until I see it, Verizon Failure and Samfail have lost all respect from me for the updates to this phone, if you don't have updates, thats fine, actually keep us informed, don't LIE TO US BLATANTLY, and sell us DOCKS THAT ARE FOR 2.2 ONLY, without telling us they are for 2.2 only, until we open it up and we see a stupid sticker that says it won't work until 2.2, I mean REALLY, is that how to run a business?  Bait and switch?  I am really thinking about just ETFing, busting this phone against the wall, and go grab a nexus S

0 Likes
Re: Give us silence, please...
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

we all know verizon doesn't monitor these forums. complaining to other end users will not solve the issue of update release dates not being quick enough for impatient people. as for the docks, you should have done more research, there are plenty of threads on here about this issue, and you can always return them if they don't work with your phone and were wrongly pitched by the associate.

0 Likes
kSo9204
Contributor - Level 2

I understand your concerns about receiving the proper updates to resolve issues for your device. Currently, I can advise that I have not been provided any information in reference to updates for the Samsung Fascinate. If or when any updates are available, you will receive a notification on your device to install.

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

So @kso9204 that means no new updates or Froyo will be out on the 10th??

0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

How can't you understand...no Verizon employee will openly confirm/deny anything on the Verizon website. If he/she would do that, they would put their head on the chopping block. If you want to know, you need to search 3rd party sites.

0 Likes
LandLockedPH

Verizon iPhone?  Who cares?

Verizon NOTHING!  I've finally learned my lesson.

0 Likes