Re: Gingerbread
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

"Most leaked rom disable security restrictions to load and customize the OS and device and as long as this method is bypassing configured access rights the Manufacture or Service Provider wont consider the developers methods viable to use."

I agree.  However it is time for VZW&Samsung to admit that Froyo was a failure on the Fascinate and tell folks it's ok to do what you have to do to get the thing running better. Or offer an early upgrade to the ones who wish.

Now that would be a company looking out for it's customers.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

SFObrien wrote:

"Most leaked rom disable security restrictions to load and customize the OS and device and as long as this method is bypassing configured access rights the Manufacture or Service Provider wont consider the developers methods viable to use."

I agree.  However it is time for VZW&Samsung to admit that Froyo was a failure on the Fascinate and tell folks it's ok to do what you have to do to get the thing running better. Or offer an early upgrade to the ones who wish.

Now that would be a company looking out for it's customers.

Steve, I agree with you wholeheartedly...
0 Likes
jmaxwell92264

When will GB be officially available for my Fascinate?  It's not available through the System Updates on my phone.  Should I go elsewhere to get it, or wait until it shows up in System Updates?  (I'm thinking I may need to be a bit more technically inclined (and have time to spare) before I go outside of System Updates to get this.)

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

jmaxwell92264 wrote:

When will GB be officially available for my Fascinate?  It's not available through the System Updates on my phone.  Should I go elsewhere to get it, or wait until it shows up in System Updates?  (I'm thinking I may need to be a bit more technically inclined (and have time to spare) before I go outside of System Updates to get this.)

There is no official Gingerbread release for the Fascinate.  In order to get it you have to use methods not approved by Verizon and can't be discussed on these forums.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

jmaxwell92264 wrote:

Everyone is hoping that Verizon will provide us with fascinates the upgrade to Gingerbread, but I am not holding my breath, it might finally correct all the problems that we are having with our phone now.
0 Likes