Getting very frustrated with my Gnex...
cowboyjake88

Ok so I am running out of ideas to make this phone work for me... Currently on my 3rd gnex since i first bought it in May 2012 and this on is by far the worse. Just a quick run down of my first two 1.) worked great absolutely enjoyed all the features as it was my first 4g phone got impatient waiting for 1st jelly bean update and bricked it while trying to root rookie mistake lol... 2.) was just as happy with it as the first. Everything working great till about a month ago when the mic started to act up and no one could hear me unless i was using a headset or blue tooth. Got the update for 4.2.2 the day I was taking it to best buy geek squad to send out and that even seemed to be working great loved the camera features and was even starting to like the lock screen widgets. Had no problems with the battery drain and even seemed to be running better than ever. But since my wife was the most frustrated with not being able to hear me when we'd talk on the phone i sent it out for a replacement (happy wife = happy life). Which now brings me to today not even 24 hours after picking up my replacement gnex i am starting to regret my decision to ever buy one in the first place. This one came with 4.2.2 ready to go on it and seemed to get off to a good start with it until i tried to open the internet, Google would start to load then poof back to home screen, open internet back up load some more then kicked out (wifi or 4g/3g mind you). then it was like it was taunting me saying "oh good patients you got me to load google dare you to search.... HAHAHAHAHA nice try" poof home screen. Ok. Well internet a bust lets try the google search bar.... Oh wow i like the new features here let's try a search.... well back to hompage i go.... At this point I'm ready to give up and try later so I press the lock button and screen goes black then flashes at me for about 3mins... When I go to the main menu it is black as if i have no apps at all till i swipe and then everything appears.  Oh and it is beginning to get real hot like I've seen posted here a couple of times and now I have started missing the htc thunberbolt loaner phone that best buy gave me for the 3 days with out my nexus...

Things I have tried:

-Factory reset (3 times)

-Taking Battery out and letting it sit for awhile (up to 15mins)

-Avoiding the urge to just throw it against the wall (hardest one of all)

Things I'd like to avoid in finding a solution:

-Rooting ( tried and failed at that already in the past)

-Waiting for ANOTHER replacement phone

-Throwing it against the wall (still seems like that would make me the happiest right now)

So all in all i just needed to vent a bit and am now curios as to what options I do have now. I didn't go with the verizon insurance on the phone because i went through Best Buy when i bought it originally and pay 9.99 a month for their Geek Squad protection plan but i don't want to have to send it back out since i just got it back today. Can I take it in to a verizon store and replace it right away? If so how much should that cost (in AZ)? Has anyone else been down this road with their gnex as well and have any info to share?

0 Likes
Re: Getting very frustrated with my Gnex...
cowboyjake88

Just an update: took the phone back was sent out and had replacement phone back in less than 24hrs. This one seems to be working properly.

0 Likes
Re: Getting very frustrated with my Gnex...
gmb63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is the replacement phone working flawlessly so far as of this posting cowboyjake? I couldn't help it to laugh at your posting things you have tried. I know how you feel the upgrade it messed up my phone it reboots during a phone call, screen goes blank and have to uninstall / reinstall the battery to get the phone to boot up and work. Price goes up Quality and Service goes down is the motto of all businesses now days.

0 Likes