Getting old start screen back?
k2r
Enthusiast - Level 2

I loved how when turning on the screen I had the choice to unlock to either home screen, camera, or google.  With a recent update that all went away.  Is there a way to get the google and camera back on the start screen unlock page?  It's especially important for the camera when you want to capture things happening NOW and don't want to mess with extra moves and waiting.

0 Likes
Re: Getting old start screen back?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I didn't realize this lock screen change was an stock android change from the last update.  I saw it on my tablet, but I use one of the other pin/password security types for accessing my Nexus.  I temporarily removed the password security and changed it to the slide unlock and saw it was changed to just an unlock option.

With the other security type in place, the slide to unlock isn't normally available when I turn the screen on.  It turns on to the "enter password" screen. Since I does prefer to have the slide to unlock along with the password security, I use WidgetLocker to create a custom lockscreen.  With the custom lockscreen, I have access to the Google Now and Camera shortcuts.  The phone will still ask me for the password, but I don't mind.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bllarkin

If you swipe in from the right edge on the lock screen, it will give you access to your camera.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Oh, I will have to give this a try. Thanks, .

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes