Galaxy "Nexus" Class Action?
urquattro83
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sent the following message to the Better Business Bureau:

"Google Android smartphones containing the "Nexus" name are commonly understood to be "open" and available for the owner to remove unwanted programs.  The Nexus name on any device infers such openness.

However, Verizon Wireless does only allows customization, and the use and modification is limited by constraints imposed by Verizon Wireless.

On many online forums it is well-documented that buyers expected the Samsung Galaxy Nexus sold by Verizon wireless to conform to the commonly-understood meaning associated with the Nexus name.

I, along with many other owners of the Verizon's version of the Galaxy Nexus, would appreciate your investigation of this misleading representation of the device being offered for sale to Verizon Wireless subscribers."

Please let me know if you have thoughts, or are an attorney, regarding the misrepresentation by Verizon Wireless of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

Thanks, and I'll look forward to learning where we might go from our currently-constrained ownership of a "Nexus" device.

Doug

"

0 Likes