Re: Galaxy S8- WIFI calling randomly turning off
jimz06
Enthusiast - Level 2

Could not find the correct answer button, but it appears that the reset after the recent update finally fixed the problem on both our S8 and S8+. Thanks.

0 Likes
redhat_engineer

Unfortunately, my Samsung S8 is still experiencing this issue even though I'm currently running what is reported by my phone to be the most recent patch version, G950USQS5CRF5. My phone continues to disable wi-fi calling randomly which means that i cannot accept personal or business calls while at home (where I have poor service).

0 Likes
redhat_engineer

Additionally, I've been attempting to use the software support tool to do a software repair, and at 66% after the phone restarts into debug mode, it says the device has been disconnected and stops all progress.

0 Likes
MICYAT69
Enthusiast - Level 2

The same thing, exactly, when I tried to run the software repair tool. The

software engineers need to resolve this, and soon.

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018, 1:08 PM redhat_engineer <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
redhat_engineer

Yeah i tried it like 6 times, no go. That said some further searching and I came across this thread about the original wi-fi issue, which seems to have resolved it for me so far:

Since Oreo update wifi calling notifications issue

Hopefully this helps if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

0 Likes
redhat_engineer

To quote the portion of the above thread that resolved the wi-fi calling issue for me:

I am sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with WiFi calling notifications on your phone. It would bother me as well if I had to constantly update the 911 information. Let's get you back on track so you can use WiFi calling in your office as needed.

George_VZW, a fellow colleague of mine, posted the solution regarding the S8 WiFi calling notification issue that seems to have been going around and have solved the problem that so many are seeing. Were you able to follow these instructions below?

Here are the steps to stop the notification from appearing on the screen:

- Go to Settings>Apps>Show system apps
- Scroll down to Wi-Fi Calling, tap it
- Tap Storage
- Tap Clear Data, then delete, then back to the previous screen
- Tap Force Stop

Please keep us updated on your results after taking these steps. I'm confident this will resolve your issue going forward.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jimz06, glad to hear the issue has been resolved. We will mark the correct answer for you. Do not hesitate to reach out again if further assistance is needed. Thank you for choosing Verizon. 

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LUIALV82
Enthusiast - Level 1

Guys I have a fix!! So I traveled to Europe and did not add the data package (I had a similar trip last year and wifi call worked well), when I landed I recieved the error mobile network not available and the issue started with the wifi calling (turns on and off randomly). After 2 days of having issues and not being able to make calls, I tried leaving my phone in airplane mode and enabling wifi and bluetooth, this solved my issue. My phone has worked flawlessly for the past week. I agree there is a bug but maybe this is a good temporary fix in the meantime.

ASHLEYSMOM407
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has also started happening to me. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 plus. It MIGHT be a year old. I've folooeefthis thread and have tried all the trouble shooting, it doesn't work still 😞

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how useful that Wi-Fi calling feature can be, ASHLEYSMOM407. I'm here to help out. I know you mentioned trying out suggestions from this thread but is your phone software up to date? You can check by going to settings, software update, check for new update. Did you try turning the Wi-Fi calling feature off and then re-enabling it?

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes