Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Galaxy Nexus too-much-volume issue
synacktic

I have a recently procured Galaxy Nexus.  The phone is great save one complaint.  When I place/receive a phone call, the volume on the call is just too much.  The volume rocker moves up and down and I can see it move on the screen (or tap and drag the volume up/down) but it has no effect on what's coming out of the earpiece.  It seems that every call I take is at full volume and in a quiet environment, that's just unacceptable.  Anyone else seeing this?  The volume works perfectly outside of the dialer so I'm thinking this is probably some odd bug.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Nexus too-much-volume issue
synacktic

This issue seems gone now following a couple reboots.  There were errors in the logs relating to connecting the ril_status process to the audio hardware.  Good news is one of the restarts solved it.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Nexus too-much-volume issue
JSmith4260

Synacktic.  I am having the same problem with my Galaxy nexus now.  I have restarted a few times but the problem persists.  Did you ever find any other reason for your issue?  Thanks

0 Likes