Galaxy Nexus (jellybean) can't send SMS
keith73

This morning, out of the blue, I can't send text messages on my Nexus. I've tried using my preferred app (GOsms Pro) and the stock messaging app with same result. I've rebooted. I've pulled the battery and sim card. Still no luck. I can make phone calls no problem. Data usage for web and apps is working fine.  Even tried changing network mode from LTE/CDMA to CDMA and back and still no luck. I love this phone, but this is greatly frustrating.

- keith

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Nexus (jellybean) can't send SMS
bittyd

I have not been able to send text messages at all today either!!! I am receiving text messages and am able to make calls. Web and Apps are both working fine. FRUSTRATED!!

0 Likes
keith73

interesting. I'm at work right now in lower Manhattan . I don't know if this is an issue with the network down in this area or what. I'll have to try again on the train ride home and see if that changes anything.

0 Likes
jmarNYC

I've been having the same exact problem. It started this morning and it's still a problem now at 1:25am. I can't send sms messages on ANY of my text apps (GO, Handcent, and the stock text app.)  I work in midtown manhattan and live in Queens.   I've rebooted, battery pull, you name it, and still no fix.   I can receive text messages, make calls, etc, but the phone simply wont send any messages. They stay showing "sending."

This isn't the first time this happened to me with this phone. Last time it happened, I took it to a vzw store they had me do a factory reset on the phone and it still didn't work.  If this is the network, this is unacceptable.  If this is the phone, this is the second time this year this has happened to me which is also completely unacceptable. It's getting beyond the point of simply doing factory resets all the time.   Something needs to be fixed and it's either the network or my phone!!!

0 Likes
keith73

Well, after tweeting to @vzwsupport they told me to do the same thing I already did which was pull the battery and sim, replace and test. So I did that a 3rd time and this time it worked and everything's been fine since. Really strange that it didn't work the first 2 times.

- keith

0 Likes
bittyd

Thanks . My phone has been working fine since This morning

0 Likes
jmarNYC

Keith73, I just tried doing the same thing (pulling the battery and sim.)  Even did it 3 different times like you did to see if 3x a charm.  No luck!!!  Still cant send text messages and the ones I've been trying to send since yesterday are still "sending."

It would be nice if someone from support would actually respond to this thread since I know administrators monitor these forums and provide answers on other threads.

0 Likes
babilou

incidentally, this happen to me today. After removing the battery pack, removing the SIM card, and hard resetting my phone the device still would not send text messages. After that, thinking I decided to call *228. Problem is that the activation window will prevent you from him putting any kind of information using the dial pad. In order to avoid this after typing *228, press the options key and the select [Add Wait...]. You should see a semicolon after *228. Them press two.

Start the call. Wait until the voice prompts you to either press 1 or 2. Then tell your phone to proceed with the 2 that it has been waiting to dial. After this step the voice will notify you that the phone is being programmed. Once the process is complete, wait about 5 to 15 minutes and try to send a text.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Dialing *228 on a 4G LTE device is not necessary.  It is all handled by the SIM card now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
nlayla
Enthusiast - Level 3

12-09-12: I agree with you. I had the same texting problem today and I'm staring to not love the Galaxy Nexus Prime anymore. On top of that, I've been having issues with my phone rebooting all on its own ever since the Jelly Bean Update.  So I did a factory reset on my phone again and it did not fix the problem. For the rebooting issue, I have been calling Verizon 611 numerous times and they give me the run around and can not help me with my phone issues.  I think I got a defective phone or perhaps the Jelly Bean Update caused all Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime to become defective.

0 Likes