Galaxy Nexus issues (my story)
bigspender

I was having bad static and dropped calls on my Nexus. I called an received a replacement Nexus. My new Nexus was worse! The loud screech and static on 1 out of every 3 or 4 calls was excessive. I had to do a battery pull at least twice a week. My new refurbished replacement came with a new issue as well no 4g.

After 3 weeks of issues with the new phone and calling back and forth to tech support I wanted out of my contract. A supervisor upgraded me to an S3 at no charge and no contract extension. I was relived to finally get some customer service, but unfortunately it was short lived. I was told I would have to buy a battery and back cover for 50 bucks. I was livid so they discounted the price to 30 bucks. I explained that I have been a customer since 2006 and asking me to accept a phone to solve my issues by purchasing a back cover and battery.  Its 30 bucks and Verizon is a Billion dollar company. I explained I have not been able to consistently use my phone based on the services promised due to my issues and now I have to pay 30 bucks for that. I'm paying 160.00 a month for a plan I wasn't able to fully utilize. Will I get a discount for the time I was unable to use my phone. The answer is no.

At the end of the day the supervisor stated that the system would not allow them to pay for the back cover and battery. I also went to a store and they said the same. So now I had to wait 5 days without a phone because I refused to pay 30 bucks for a back cover and battery. I ordered a back cover and battery from Amazon for 10 bucks.

I'm very upset at how I was treated and the run around I got to resolve all these issues. The 30 bucks just pushed me over the top. All they had to do was send me a battery and back cover. As of now I am looking at a different carrier as its obviously Verizon does not value taking care of its long term customers.

I went ahead and canceled one of my lines today and will eat the early termination fee. I will cancel my main line and port it over after that contact is up. Times have changed at Verizon and I'm tired of watching my data and dealing with THE SYSTEM instead of receiving customer service.

0 Likes