Galaxy Nexus in call volume issue
JSmith4260

When I place/receive a phone call, the volume is all the way to the max.  When I attempt to lower it, the rocker moves up and down and I can see it move on the screen but it has no effect on what's coming out of the earpiece.  It seems that every call I take is at full volume.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?  The volume rocker works perfectly so it isn’t a hardware issue, seems to be a software one.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Nexus in call volume issue
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I haven't, but I also use an application called Sound Manager to access all the various volume levels in the device including the in-call volume.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi JSmith4260,

I can see how inconvenient it can be not being able to control the volume on a call. This may be caused by a 3rd party application. Please run in Safe Mode and test. If issue stops while in safe mode, then a 3rd party application is conflicting with your phone's volume and you will have to identify the conflicting application and remove it.

Alternatively, as contradicting as it may sound you can try Ann154's suggestion (thank you!) and install a sound manager application that may resolve the issue. Please keep us posted and let us know how you get this issue resolved so that other forum members can benefit from your experience.

AntonioC_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Tomi

I got a new Galaxy Nexus yesterday and was experiencing exactly the same issue. I made a call with my headphones on and the volume was maxed out and couldn't be adjusted exactly the same way as you described. I called the Verizon customer care and they told nobody has ever complained of the same issue. I rebooted the phone and now it seems to be working at least for a while. I don't have any 3rd party volume control software installed, so it is not related to any volume control software malfunction. I have the built ICL53F. As rebooting helped it is not a hardware issue but a software issue. As I don't have any external volume control software, it must be a software issue in the firmware build ICL53F. Verizon, would you please report this to Google & Samsung and request the bug to be fixed.

0 Likes
OwenCletis

I have the same issue. Booting in safe mode did restore control. I have Google voice and Csip installed. I assume uninstalling those would be my first step?

0 Likes
joebu11211

I'm having the same issue with my Galaxy Nexus.  I had Google Voice installed and the issue persisted after removing the program.  Anyone ever find a fix for this?

0 Likes
LS1crazy

I've had my GNex for 3 days now.  No problems whatsoever, yet.  The in call volume can also be adjusted on the screen, try that on yours.  While in call, pull the device away from your head and then after pushing the button on the side of the phone, touch the dot on the screen with your finger and you should be able to move the volume dot all the way down the scale to adjust volume.

0 Likes
myandroidlife
Enthusiast - Level 2

hi,there. thanks for your suggestion. does this app work? where can i get the free one. please help.

0 Likes
myandroidlife
Enthusiast - Level 2

it blocked me too. have you been given any tips from Verizon or Samsung related to this issue. if it is convenient for you, kindly please help.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
myandroidlife
Enthusiast - Level 2

does this help?

0 Likes