Re: Galaxy Nexus battery drain after 4.2.2 update
Barnaldo

The update that HD Widgets sent out earlier today seems to have finally fixed it for me.  As soon as it finished installing, my phone's batter graph leveled out and it physically cooled down (it's been warm since the 4.2.2 update over the weekend) and my battery graph leveled out.  It's been back to normal ever since.  I did the Exchange account reset a couple days ago, though at the time it did not seem to help with anything.

I almost wonder if the update caused similar conflicts with multiple applications, and you have to get the ones on your particular phone all fixed before it settles down and starts working correctly.

0 Likes
caninelover
Enthusiast - Level 3

As I posted in another reply I'm experiencing improved battery life.

0 Likes
vfxcreator

experienced the drain yesterday when i updated to the latest software.  removed my exchange accounts and it seemed better... however, today my power button has not been responding much.  to get the phone unlocked/out of sleep mode, i've had to remove the battery then put it back in.  the phone would turn on automatically. 

but now the problem is that the phone won't even come on at all.  plugging in, removing the battery, etc... none of that turns it on.  the only thing i can see is the power charging when i have the battery in and charger plugged in.  what a pain. 

0 Likes
nVsOne
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can confirm that doing a factory reset has cleared up this issue.  I had a battery drain first from Exchange Server, so I did the disabling and cache clearing fix, in addition to the deleting of the account and re-adding.  I had the HD Widgets drain until they released the update.  Finally, I had a random drain from Google Maps.   I did a factory reset yesterday morning, have charged the phone fully, and now my biggest drain since full recharge is the screen (as it should be).   I would recommend doing a factory reset for everyone.  Not only does it seem to clear up all these issues, but the phone is running extremely fast now (even after my 32 apps were re-installed).

AW2

nVsOne, so when you do the factory reset, you no longer have the JB 4.2.2 update correct?  You have no updates, correct?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Incorrect ... a factory reset will not remove an OS update.

0 Likes
Norfin

The factory reset does not purge Android updates. You will have 4.2.2 afterwards, but it will actually work as intended.

0 Likes
nVsOne
Enthusiast - Level 1

Actually, the factory reset erases everything and sets the OS to 4.2.2 afterwards.  It's basically a fresh install of the latest version of Android.

0 Likes
AW2

Ah.... I see,  Good to know.  I didn't know that.  Thanks for the clarification.

0 Likes
JOliver
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am getting this same issue... Don't have exchange, HD widgets, and have performed a factory restore. Still having the problem. This is getting out of hand, as I can't even get through until lunch the last few days.

0 Likes