Re: Galaxy Nexus battery drain after 4.2.2 update
stripperman

so far the only thing i have tried that works is this:

goto SETTINGS

then to APPs

then swipe to your left 2 times to go to the tab ALL

click on EXCHANGE SERVICES

then click the button DISABLE.

warning this will affect u getting emails. but will not drain your battery as before.

****UPDATE****

since disabling exchange services my battery life is back to normal. i don't receive emails from my corporate account but yahoo and gmail still work fine.

0 Likes
slimb9

did the exchange fix work?  and if only somewhat try and change your exchange email settings from push to syncing every 15 minutes. 

0 Likes
NJGuy07052

I'm having the same battery drain issue after upgrading to 4.2.2.  Except for me, the battery meter claims Maps is the offending app.  I tried the Exchange deactivation as suggested but I'm still having the same problem.  And it still says Maps.

I hope a fix is pushed out quickly because the phone is basically useless after lasting for about an hour on a full charge!

0 Likes
TheDullah
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah my phone also drains really quickly. I even turn off the data network and it still drains the battery

0 Likes
rphi808

Deleted Exhange and re-installed and that seemed to do the trick.  Left the phone on all night and seems to be discharging normally.  The heat is gone also.  I cycled through three recharges on two separate batteries.  Perhaps the apps that are showing up as offenders need to be deleted and  re-installed.

0 Likes
Matte242

Tried a couple more things, but didn't help.  About 3 hours ago, I uninstalled the updates to google maps.  Thought I would try that since you can't uninstall the app.  Before it was showing that was using the battery the most.  I charged it fully, and have been on battery for about an hour, and the battery is at 91% which is about right I guess.  I'll update later if it still seems better.

0 Likes
Matte242

I guess that didn't totally work.  It seems better, but not as good as it was before the update.  2 hours later I'm it 45%, I guess that would be about 3 hours....but I am not even using it at all.  I used to get a whole day with light use, or about 8 hours with moderate use.  Anyone found something that works?

0 Likes
Barnaldo

Add me to the list.  I've tried the "delete & re-add Exchange account" idea, but to no avail.  I have an extended battery, and while my phone seems to last somewhat longer than before I tried the Exchange fix, it's still nowhere near what it was before the 4.2.2 update.

I'm also noticing things like general slowness, not getting notifications about incoming emails (though they show when I look at the account) and the phone not securing itself after the preset amount of time has passed.

The bells and whistles of 4.2.2 are nice, but certainly not worth all this grief.  Is there any way to remove it and go back to 4.1.1?

0 Likes
Matte242

I caved in and called Verizon.  They are sending me a replacement.  I hope this one doesn't do the same thing...

0 Likes
AW2

OMG, me too!  Android operating system, or Google + seem to be at the top of the draining list, and screen, but I don't keep it on hardly at all, always at darkest.  So frustrating.  I will try the exchange, deleting and re-doing.  Got to have that for work.  I may have to get a replacement, can't work like this.  Any rumors of a fix?

0 Likes