Re: Galaxy Nexus and 4.0.4: My Experience
justaregularguy

I too received a new (old) phone and it does the same thing. It will turn off my microphone during a call. I hear the other end asking :are you still there?" It just happened again today and I called Verizon Tech Support. I was put on hold while the girl looked into my New problem. I also mentioned the re-boots and she had not heard of that either. She suggested I send the phone back to them and thay would ship it to Samsung to have them test it. All this without offering me a replacement phone. I asked why they didn't send my old phone to Samsung and she didn't know.

She also said there is no update available. I asked to talk to level 2 support and she told me she was the support person. I finally told her I was tired of wasting my time and hung up. I have no choice but to patiently wait for Verizon to push the upgrade to me but I do think I will keep calling their customer support and bug them until I get someone that will tell me the truth.

0 Likes
nuckawhat

I'm afraid that the signal drop/mic cut off is still present in 4.04.  According to some other forums, individuals are still experiencing this issue even with the update file from Google.  Hopefully, this has to do with them manually flashing the rom on an unlocked rooted GN and the true update will not have this issue but I'm not holding my breath.  Every time someone on the other end of the line complains that my phone is doing that "weird thing" again, I die a little.  I love my GN and I want so bad for it to work properly but I will have to change phones if 4.04 doesn't correct the signal/mic drop bug. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
rhoopes
Contributor - Level 1

Anyone know how I unsubscribe from these emails? I ditched the stupid Nexus

so could care less now about updates lol

On May 29, 2012 11:12 AM, "justaregularguy" <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
chadbordes

Don't hold your breath.  It has been a month since the release of the update.  When i had my droid charge I got the update within 3 days.  4.04 has been out since May 1 and its unlikely we will see it on our phones anytime soon.  Would  a moderator care to jump in and discuss?

0 Likes
ssracing411
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well I finally lost all patience and while I was at work today I did what Verizon didn't want me to do: Update the phone myself. It was actually pretty easy, the worst thing was getting the right drivers for my crappy work desktop. I will make a post on androidcentral in the next couple of days with all of the links I referenced. So far, working brilliantly. On the new radios and everything!

RunningSloth
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here... I guess thats the only way to get service... So... its running

a lot better. but i'm leaving verizon as soon as my contract is out. I'll

only buy google direct if that option is still around by the time i'm free.

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 11:50 AM, ssracing411 <community@verizonwireless.com

RunningSloth
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
chadbordes

I will believe when I see it:-)

-

<personal information removed for privacy.>

<When replying by email please do not include the original text or a signature line that includes personal information.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
RunningSloth
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good words hehe. I did the manual one... i will say this things are a lot smoother.

0 Likes
ssracing411
Enthusiast - Level 3

So for a brief update with my ICS 4.0.4 update (the one I did myself), everything has improved, however I still occasionally drop signal (this is down to around 7% TWS as from >40% TWS) while texting or using 4g. My battery life is still atrocious as well, but at least it can now last 8 hours with the extended battery... I'm probably going to revert to stock and get the OTA update once I hear it really is rolling out. As far as the battery is concerned, I may take mine into a store because the battery drainage from my pre-4.0.4 phone could have crippled it. Did you know that websites like CNET get like 13 hours of heavy use out of a GSM 4.0.4 Nexus's tiny 1750mAh battery?

0 Likes