Re: Galaxy Nexus Periodic Restart / Reboot
cakelady56

I got my Galaxy Nexus Feb.8th. It rebooted itself 3 times. The volume would decrease on its own. I would be in the middle of a conversation and all of a sudden, the other party is unable to hear me. I could hear them. I figured it was just a defect in that phone so I exchanged it for another one. The same problems were occuring. Some of my apps no longer worked. I took it back and so I now have a temporary phone until the razor maxx comes in next week. I love android and have never wanted the Iphone. I think Google should have worked on ice cream sandwich before putting it out right now!

0 Likes
AtlMickey

I purchased my Nexus in mid-Dec 2011 -- it worked perfectly until last week... for "no apparent reason" it now auto-reboots at least twice each day. I'm not using WiFi and have not added new apps or widgets -- UGH. Maybe 4.0.3 will provide a fix -- if we ever get it???

0 Likes
eturk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine was also rebooting randomly. Sometime while talking on the phone, other times i'd look over and it was rebooting.

I installed the leaked 4.0.4 on my unlocked GNex and the rebooting is gone.

The radios funciton now a little better (can get data) BUT still sometimes many times a day I loose all data connectivity and have to reboot, then it works fine.

So, 4.0.4 is still a big bust. I see now why no other manufacturers or phones are shipping out ICS. There just too many bugs and dropping all data and requiring a reboot would be a disaster for carriers. Google still ships beta products no matter what we think.

I'm ready also that the car mount keeps being delayed because the GNex software just won't know it's in car mode reliably.

BLEEDING EDGE OF TECH! YEAH BABY!

0 Likes
RW-BB-USER

Mine just rebooted again.  Words with Friends (Free) was running in the foreground.  That's the only *new* thing on the phone.  Frustrating.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Sadly words with friends is so poorly coded and bloated up the rear it honestly not worth having on your phone.

There are better coded apps that offer the same type of feel and work better.

0 Likes
RW-BB-USER

Is that intended to mean that WWF was responsible for the reboot?  I've had several other unexplained mid-day and middle of the night reboots prior to having WWF installed.  This was the first one that happened when I was looking directly at the phone and interacting with it.  Other reboots I've just happened to notice as the phone was coming back.

My comment about WWF was just intended to offer some insight into what was happening at the time that I knew about. 

Again - to be clear - my phone has rebooted perhaps a dozen times during the month of Feb without any known cause - only 1 of those times took place after installing WWF.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

For the record. The coding for WWF or any of the Zynga apps whether mobile or embedded are poorly coded.

Next time you crash post up a logcat here please. Also go into your battery stats and take a screenshot.

0 Likes
RW-BB-USER

Did a search on logcat - I don't have command line access to the phone.  Wondering if there's a particular logcat app you recommend?

0 Likes
eturk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you folks also having trouble with data disconnecting and not reconnecting?

So you have to turn off/on airplane more or reboot? this seems to be influenced by power saving settings and region (towers).

0 Likes
DrBubba

I got one Friday, 3/9.  On Saturday 3/10 it suddenly began rebooting continuously -- I see the Google logo, then the colorful rotating "shards of glass", then a buzz, then a black screen, then Google logo.

Took it back this morning, got a new one (I don't know if I got a new SIM card) and by 5 pm the same thing happened.  Continuous rebooting.  The only way to get it to stop is to remove the battery.

The thing is, I really like this phone.  This behavior seems more extreme than everyone else is experiencing. 

Both times it started while I was in my car.  The first time it happened while I had it in the car charger -- in my driveway.  The second time it was not charging.  I noticed it after a half hour drive, but it could have started at any time between my leaving the house and the discovery a half hour later. 

? searching for WiFi?  ?"bad batch" at my local VZW store? 

0 Likes