Re: Galaxy Nexus Periodic Restart / Reboot
Tidbits
Legend

You have it for only one week, and it bothers you that much... return it and get your upgrade back, and wait for an update and see if the problems go away when the update comes...  Best solution...

0 Likes
solsurf3

My GN reboots every time the system checks for updates and lately (last 7 days), the system has been checking for updates 2-3 per day. Why is it suddenly checking so often for updates and is there anyway that I can set it to check for updates less frequently?

0 Likes
myandroidlife
Enthusiast - Level 2

it should have the options that enables users to restrict the auto-update. actually, Verizon Wireless always kindly launchs the update when they get ready for all things. any users would get this update when they are not roaming, but, it will never launch updates 2-3 per day. I have not met that kind of update yet. i hope this would be fixed and there will be an update to improve.

0 Likes
nchurch

I'm just here to mention that my Galaxy Nexus randomly reboots, whether in a call, using an app or on its own. Also, voice quality is sub-par in most cases, where others think I sound muffled. I can hear them fine, though. Called customer support once about a month ago and they were aware of the issues and suggested an update would be available around Apr 1. It's still doing it and not sure whether it received an update. Love Android Ice Cream sandwich and like everything about the phone except the volume rocker switch--but having it randomly reboot and have poor voice quality doesn't make much sense. Still using my backup personal phone from Sprint (EVO 3D) most of the time instead. It actually roams on the Verizon network in some places and sounds much better!

0 Likes