Galaxy Nexus OTA Update...
sb4663
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did anyone receive the ICS update (4.0.4) for the Nexus yet OTA???

Re: Galaxy Nexus OTA Update...
Tidbits
Legend

Google hasn't released a thing yet. So no one could have gotten it.

alh6

Last week, an employee at a Verizon store told me that Google has released the new update, but Verizon was testing it, so hadn't pushed it out to users.  When I called support, they claimed to have heard NOTHING about a software update.  I hardly know what to do!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Google is the one in charge of every aspect of the update. Everything is pretty much done by Google.  When Google is ready to update the Nexus it will be updated.  Anything you hear from anyone outside of Google SHOULD be treated like a rumor.

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

No and I would really like to...soon. My Nexus has terrible connectivity issues. Hand offs from 4G to 3G are not smooth and frequently I lose signal all together and have to reboot. My volume is weak, browser can be a bit slow, keyboard in landscape mode is very sluggish most of the time. When I'm not at home or work on wifi, it's a crapshoot whether I have a signal or not. Otherwise I love this phone. Hoping a software update will address these issues.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

DroidudeAZ wrote:

No and I would really like to...soon. My Nexus has terrible connectivity issues. Hand offs from 4G to 3G are not smooth and frequently I lose signal all together and have to reboot. My volume is weak, browser can be a bit slow, keyboard in landscape mode is very sluggish most of the time. When I'm not at home or work on wifi, it's a crapshoot whether I have a signal or not. Otherwise I love this phone. Hoping a software update will address these issues.

One thing I learned, and I have taught...  Never rush a developer...  Reason why I say this is because the Good ones always release an update or fixes as soon as they can, but development can't be rushed or you'll always end up worse than where you started.  It would be more of a crapshoot if Google is rushed Smiley Happy

0 Likes
sb4663
Enthusiast - Level 3

The update has leaked on the net... I'm just trying to patiently wait for the official OTA.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Also there are some leaks for 4.0.5 which is also supposed to be released in March.  As with development if there are enough minor changes after you have compiled 4.0.4 you'd make it 4.0.5 and not give it the same name.  Hence 2.0 was Froyo, but when they did a lot of changes on the backed 2.1 became the new Froyo. Smiley Happy It's not always as clean with the numbering.  For all we know we may end up with 4.1 when Google is finished.

eugenetsang

People talk about 4.0.3/4.0.4/4.0.5.....

I am still on 4.0.2........... How are you guys on ICS .3 and beyond?

I havent gotten any OTA's for my phone..

0 Likes
Galaxy Nexus OTA Update...
Tidbits
Legend

There are not released by Google.  Some of us are already on them because someone leaked the code, or someone voided their warranty to get the newer versions.

0 Likes