Galaxy Nexus LTE problems
kc1963

I don't know where to start with this, basically I'm having troubles with the LTE connections, it would connect and dropped off randomly.  3G isn't even stable when this happens.  ddata would crap out and I'm stuck without data unless doing a fresh restart ONLY on 3G. Overall the data connections has been total wrecked.  This phone is brand new I got few days ago, and I'm in NYC well within the LTE coverage map.  NO reason for this and Verizon rep isn't helpful at all troubleshooting the issue...this is frustrating and I like to know if Verizon would acknowledge this issue with this phone???

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Nexus LTE problems
Not applicable

Hello,

I did not notice the device that you posted about. If you remove your battery, and SIM card, this should do the same as the *228 on a 3G phone.

0 Likes
Not applicable

If that doesn't work, there is another method of *22899.

If you add *22899 to your contact list, and dial the number, your PRL will update, and you will receive a better signal/stable data signal.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@kc1963  Dialing *228 is not needed on any of the 4G LTE devices including the Galaxy Nexus phone. There have been some issues with the 4G LTE network in the last few days. Since you can get 3G, I would suggest switching the device to CDMA mode. Settings > more > mobile networks > network mode and select CDMA.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JasonT500
Enthusiast - Level 2

*22899 did not work on my GN phone.  Tech Service says a hard reboot (power off, then back on) will update roaming.  I am having similar trouble with calls.  More drops and times when calls won't go through even with a good signal. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

That's correct, it is not a stable way to update a 4G phone, but can be a last resort. Like I said, a reboot would be the best way to update the PRL/Roaming capabilities.

0 Likes
JasonT500
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tech Service told me that the CDMA/LTE was only for data and that calls were routed over a different network.  Didn't make sense but that is what they said.  However, if it works - go for it!  I have not tried setting to CDMA.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

CDMA mode covers your voice and the 3G data connection.

LTE is data only.

Please don't delete entire conversations.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kc1963

Thank you, I did just do the only CDMA before, even that the switch has been very sluggish and takes a while to kick in...the 3G seems to be more stable, but the LTE has been a big drawing point for this..and it'd be a huge disappointment for this phone to stay only in 3G mode

0 Likes
kc1963

Thx, should I still try this if that's stable way?  don't want to give rise to more troubles than what I'm already experiencing...

0 Likes