Galaxy Nexus Hot Spot issue
tiptoe

I have the  hot spot and it worked great untill this morning,  now when i go to turn it on, it says  error.   called verizon, they said it was because of the 4g outage and i dont even have 4g.  he said only other option is to factory reset my phone.  and i dont want to do that.  i just got it all loaded up to where i want it.

anyone else having issues?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Nexus Hot Spot issue
brad99

Same problem here.  I am not in a 4g area.  Using Galaxy Nexus.

0 Likes
brad99

p.s. The hot spot worked in the past.

0 Likes
Not applicable
Yes, the hotspot issue is the same here for me. Has anyone had this issue and reset their phone? I will wait a bit before i do that.
0 Likes
brad99

The error message went away but I still have no internet access.

0 Likes
brad99

I contacted Verizon Customer Support and they fixed some settings at their end and the hotspot is now working properly.  They thought the problem may have been a residual effect of the recent 4G outage.

0 Likes
Rob4448585
Same problem with mine!!!!

I pay $30 for the hot spot feature and it doesn't work. It used to work just fine, and today when I NEEDED it, it let me down.

I turn it on, and it just says error.
I have spent about 90 minutes on the phone with them and they said the last option is a full reset, and if that doesn't work work they need to send me a new phone.
0 Likes
Rob4448585
I just did a backup & reset -> Factory data reset -> Reset phone and it did not help............

So frustrating........
0 Likes
animalwatcher
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please pardon my ignorance here.  What exactly is the Wifi hotspot?  How does that differ from wifi in general that you access where it is available?  And it is an add on from Verizon?  How does that work.

You are your own wifi hotspot?

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1
Yes, it is an additional paid feature from VZW. Your phone uses the cellular data signal to become a Wi-fi hotspot for another device, such as a laptop or tablet.
0 Likes