Galaxy Nexus - Built In WiFi Hotspot Charges???
BrinaBananas

Hi, I own a Galaxy Nexus phone that came with 4.1 JellyBean. I am loving it so far, and as I was looking through the settings, I noticed that there was an option to turn on WiFi hotspot. I wanted to test it out, so I turned it on briefly and it did not seem to open any pop up stating that I should call or go to the Verizon website to activate hotspot. Does this mean the Hotspot is free? Or will it go onto my bill automatically? (I'm just wondering if I should begin searching for a good Free WiFi hotspot app, because I would definitely rather use the one provided with the phone.)

Thanks, have a great day.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Nexus - Built In WiFi Hotspot Charges???
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are on the Share Everything plan, wifi hotspot is included.  If you are on one of the grandfathered Family Share plans with tiered data, hotspot is $20 per month for 2 GB (for those who still have unlimited data, hotspot is $30).

0 Likes
BrinaBananas

Ok, thanks! I'll have to see what plan I am on right now, I believe it is share everything.

0 Likes
m101

Who still has unlimited data?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

m101 wrote:

Who still has unlimited data?

I do with my Nexus.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

I do unless I sign a new contract.

0 Likes