Galaxy Nexus 4G
mikel84

Good Evening Everyone,

So i recently got a replacement phone for my fualty/disfunctional android II. This phone replacement phone turned out to be the Galaxy Nexus 4G. I had not read the known errors or any issues with the phone previously. However, after activating the phone i noticed there was some signal strength issues/4g dropping in and out. I also noticed that when checking the phone signal strength under status that the Bdm was fluctuating between -99 and -115. However, other phones in the house on verizon were sitting at a cool -78 through -84. This would be optimal to great service. So i called into tech support the guy told me that yes there is an issue with how the phone interprets the phone but it should not be such a low signal strength. So they sent me a new phone, the new phone had the same problem. Called back they just said its a signal reading issue with the phone.

I looked up some known issues and there was mention of an update to be released in the fall of 2012 to fix the issue. However, i am not finding if this update was ever released. My phone is still occurring the signal strength problem. What if anything can i do to remedy this?

thanks

mike

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Nexus 4G
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the Nexus is connected to the 4G LTE network, it will show the dBm for 4G and not the voice network that the other phones are capturing. My Nexus is getting one bar or -110 dBm of 4G LTE and something different for the voice 1xRTT network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mikel84

Problem is, according to the tech support, the nearest 4g tower is less then half a mile from me.... and im still only getting very power 4g connection, not to mention the status bar.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey mikel84!

Signal issues and slow speeds are a serious red flag around here. So, we want to make sure we optimize your device and get you up to speed again.

Now, I'm terribly sorry to learn that this issue has now gone forth with two different replacement devices. In order to better isolate the issue, I would recommend trying a new SIM card. You can pick one up for free at any of our local corporate stores http://bit.ly/3SdsA . After testing, please keep us updated on results so we can progress further and plot a new course of action if necessary.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mikel84

Good morning sir,

I am currently on my second sim card with my second device. After spending a good deal of time speaking with a tech support Representative on my first call, i asked the guy if there were any known issues with the device outstanding. The guy read a comment or an internal PSA that said the device is known to have signal issues in which is does not read the depth of signal as other phones do. It also said that samsung knows about the problem and was working to put out an update. However, this internal PSA was october of last year and if they did put out an update its not working. I am curious to know if this is still a known issue and any plans to fix are in order?

Also if you think getting a 3rd sim card could possibly remedy the issue i will gladly do so.

0 Likes