Re: Galaxy Nexus 4.3 OTA Upgrade?
GameDiversity
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, I am going to suspend my service for 3 months and use that time to text the pre-paid market. I did it a few weeks back and used Google Hangouts with my friends for calling and texting.

0 Likes
djortiz
Enthusiast - Level 3

So you just copy paste respond again. Unbelievable.

On Oct 28, 2013 6:34 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
readyfireaim
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think you are on to something;  Looks like Google is adding an LTE radio to the Nexus 4, and NOT to the Nexus 5. 

So basically, VZ botched the implementation and updates on the Samsung G Nexus, so they are just going to toss a 1 year old phone to VZ.  Great job, VZ, your constant pooh-stinking of the Samsung G Nex earned you a one year old phone!  Your phone lineup is looking like stale compared to the rest of the US providers.

0 Likes
TimTheK
Enthusiast - Level 3

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/10/28/verizon-galaxy-s4-update-to-android-4-3-with-galaxy-gear-suppor...

Oh, look at that. The Galaxy S4 is getting its 4.3 update today.  Still nothing for the Galaxy Nexus Verizon?????

The S4 is a fully "skinned" Samsung device, which means that Samsung took stock 4.3 Android, added all their customizations and apps, fully tested it, sent it to Verizon, who undoubtedly did their own testing.....and now its approved and out.

But the bone stock Galaxy Nexus with no customizations and no custom apps still sits on 4.2.....

Dabogues
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't worry, TimTheK, I'm sure a friendly Verizon rep will be in touch to let you know that they are sorry that you are unhappy with your phone, and they certainly wouldn't want you to be stuck with something you don't like. I bet they'll even be happy to do everything they can for you if you call them to learn about all of the great phones they have to which you can upgrade!

0 Likes
Adirolf
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you Customer Support for the links that are no longer valid.

So, I have a Galaxy Nexus phone that is less than one month old and now I see that I was wrong in believing that I would get timely updates to the OS.  I have a new 2 yr contract of course. Tell me Customer Support, what phone should I have selected instead? Or do you have any USEFUL information relating to the GNex next OS upgrade? I would be happy even to hear that testing of 4.3 or 4.4 is planned at least.

0 Likes
shirke
Enthusiast - Level 3

My contract expiring just right around the corner.when my contract end I'm going to switch to Tmobile and get the Nexus 5. I have 4 lines and I’m moving all of them to TMobile.I just give up on verizon. increases waiting time for update

0 Likes
jtown
Contributor - Level 3

How on earth did you get a galaxy nexus on contract less than a month ago when they haven't sold the phone (even refurb) for months?  It got the kiss of EOL back in January.

0 Likes
Adirolf
Enthusiast - Level 3

jtown,

I got the G-Nex at best buy as part of their promo in which I guess they were cleaning out the old to make way for the new Samsung devices about to debut.

0 Likes
Leonardo77

I replied and quoted JenniferH_VZW and got rejected. She had a great point on how you treat your customers.  I have yet to see a post from you moderators that shows you think we have a point of contention. You constantly say how Verizon wants to make their customers happy.  I say total propaganda!!  Actions speak louder than words and Verizon's actions do not in any way match your words.

It is pretty amazing how condescending you are to your customers.  Verizon better hope that someone doesn't come up with better coverage/data or they will have a mass exodus of customers.

0 Likes