Re: Galaxy Nexus 4.3 OTA Upgrade?
GameDiversity
Enthusiast - Level 3

You know, the whole ...

...  is kinda weird, I can understand profanity .... doesn't seem real customer centric to place language in your terms of service that specify what you can and cannot say in a forum. Especially, if the discussion is about how to fix problems while you are waiting months for an update.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

readyfireaim
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well VZ, rumors abound about a future release date for the Nexus 5.  All hints from FCC filings show that it will have LTE.

I am really hoping that I can buy this phone directly from Google, and get the updates directly from them.

(Oh yeah, the N5 will have 4.4 . We are about to be TWO updates behind....

0 Likes
lowenuf
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks For the heads up on aio.  I've been with Verizon so long I can't even remember when I switched to them.  Their lack of support and continued lies that " we can continue to offer you the best value and the best support". Cements my decision more each day there's no news about an update.  My signal went to crap 3 months ago and VZW "opened a ticket" to see what was happening with my phone. Aside from the roaming not having been updated (according to them) they blamed my new lack of signal on the foliage.  Once the Nexus5 release I'm gone, once my contract is up I'll pull my three other phones as well.

TimTheK
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm so tired of Verizon's delayed updates. They claim their "testing" process for devices takes 4-6 weeks. An OS update should take less time. The last update to 4.2.2 took about a month. Previous updates took 50-60 days. 4.3 rolled out to the GSM version of the Galaxy Nexus on July 24th. Its been 82 days. Not a peep. Not a soak test, nothing.  I know Google rolled out a tiny update for the Nexus 7 on August 21st....so my thinking was that maybe this reset the testing clock as they had to start over?  Even if that was the case, its been almost 8 weeks and still nothing.

Verizon, just tell us.... are you testing 4.3?  Are there issues? Did you have to start over at 4.3.1?  Are you just waiting on 4.4?  Communicate with your customers.  I'm tired of defending you. There is NO REASON to be secretive about updates. Plus its good to let your customers know what to expect instead of keeping us in the dark....or chasing us away.

readyfireaim
Enthusiast - Level 3

What's worse:  20 pages and countless angry customers who bought a phone that was "guaranteed" to have the latest OS, or putting out 4.3 the day it was released, and POSSIBLY having to do a small patch? 

VZ, there's a reason we didn't buy an S3, or Thunderbolt.  Although, the S4 and HTC One are starting to look like better choices from an OS standpoint.

0 Likes
Dabogues
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for that tip. That is the first I've heard of that carrier, and so far it's the only one that has a resonable 4g data limit on its highest tier (7GB). And if the "unlimited" 3g holds true, it's a great deal. I just hope AT&T doesn't pull they plug on their unlimited data like they did with Net10 (although, for some reason I don't think they cut off StraightTalk yet, which is technically the same company). Regardless, Aio looks like it may be a better company to work with. Even the website seems friendly.

TimTheK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here's the timeline for anyone who is interested....

4.0.4: ICS update

------------------------

4.0.4 was pushed by google (GSM) around March 30th.
4.0.4 was soak tested by Verizon on May 1st.
4.0.4 was pushed by Verizon around May 31-June 1

So, right on 60 days to 4.0.4

4.1: Jellybean

------------------------
Google began updating their GSM Nexus to Jelly Bean (4.1) on July 10th.
Verizon's soak test started on August 29, 2012.

An early leak was posted online in the first week of September.
The full update was rolled out 9/21

So about 73 days to Jelly Bean 4.1.

4.2: JB update

------------------------

The 4.2 update began rolling out on November 13, 2012 to the Domestic GSM variant "takju".

4.2.1 was pushed out with a bug fix on November 27, 2012.

The Sprint CDMA variant started updating on January 30th, 2013

Verizon NEVER saw 4.2 or 4.2.1

4.2.2: JB update

------------------------

4.2.2 was released on February 11, 2012

4.2.2 hits Verizon testers on March 2, 2013 (only 19 days! That has to be a record)

On March 4, 2013 a leaked version was posted online.

4.2.2 begins hitting Verizon Galaxy Nexus phones OTA on March 19th, 2013 (36 days - a Verizon record I'm sure!)

4.3: JB update

------------------------------

4.3 was released on July 24, 2013

4.3 update (JWR66Y) pushed to Nexus 7 devices with bug fixes

?????????

83 days and counting (56 after the bug fixes) and still nothing. Not even a "we're testing it". Just silence, or a bunch of non-answers.

droid4lif3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think Verizon needs to stop with this (removed), this is suppose to be a great experience for us. This is one of the greatest phones an Verizon has managed to completly ruin the whole experience. Now 4.4 is coming out and verizon still hasnt updated our phones to 4.3. They can't blame Google because all the other Galaxy Nexus are updated. Somehow Verizon just manages to mess everything up. The Nexus 5 is coming out if you guys don't update us to 4.4, I will close my account and move my family plan to T-Mobile contract free. You guys have the WORST CUSTOMER SUPPORT EVER!

Content edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
droid4lif3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with you, Verizon needs to tell us if they are going to update our phones, if not so I can cancel my service and go to a Service Provider who isn't as LAZY AS VERIZON.

0 Likes
droid4lif3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cant believe we only have 20 pages of complaints. We should be in the 1000's. Verizon is so full of crap. They cant even update new phones. Example the Moto X, there has been an update for the camera and some bug fixes. All the other carriers uodated the Moto X, verizon still hasnt updated it. They sure know how to mess things up but were still here.

0 Likes