Re: Galaxy Nexus 4.3 OTA Upgrade?
TheVTech
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow when did I say it WAS A DROID. NEVER...

Get over it...

I'm gone

0 Likes
GameDiversity
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, I have been a Verizon customer for 12 years, pre-paid for my Galaxy Nexus and pre-paid for a Galaxy Note 3. I just returned the Galaxy Note 3 and plan to suspend my account to try out the Galaxy Nexus 5 when it is launched.

Waiting on the GN updates from Verizon has really spoiled my whole experience with Verizon. I purchased the GN to receive the true GN experience, which I have not.

0 Likes
MikeInATL
Contributor - Level 1

I'm right there with you.  I called the other day to find out what my ETF will be.  I'll be paying $150 to get out but it's worth it to me to (comments removed) give my money to another carrier.  They have the absolute worst customer service of any company I've ever dealt with.

Verizon should NEVER get another Nexus device of any kind.

Comments edited for content as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
GameDiversity
Enthusiast - Level 3

Pretty cool, I had some friends call me on Google Talk / Hangouts .... even did a video call using work WiFi ... now, need the Google Nexus 5 to be released

0 Likes
cyberfrog
Enthusiast - Level 2

1. You are lucky you have seen some promises. I have seen none for quite some time for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus.

2. I hardly believe it is "whining and ranting" nor "this second" in regards to an update that we have waited over several months for while galaxy nexuses from other brands have enjoyed 4.3 for months and other phones not of the Nexus line are currently enjoying 4.3.

3. Once again, sidetracking. Where do I mention a resetting phone and how can you possibly believe that a viable solution is to use an older phone because you are not satisfied with you current one?

Comments edited for content as required by the Terms of Service.

0 Likes
GDTRFBBB

Not sure if it;s been said before, but here goes...

Verizon claims they must test each version of Android thoroughly before releasing them, and yet, since day one, the nexus has been nothing but problems, false claims, exaggerated stats etc when used on Verizon. If they test it so thoroughly why all the problems  on every version so far?

I am on my 5th Galaxy nexus and each one has had all the same problems, 3g/4g connectivity, freeze ups, random reboots volume, dropped calls, battery life, (They claimed 8 hours of talk time!) etc,

Why has this never been addressed? why has nobody ever called out Verizon on it? It;s clear they DON'T test anything, Google releases the  software, which has been pretested and working on Verizon  4G phones and Verizon just sits on it. To make matters worse every response from them , if you are lucky enough to get one of the forum letter replies, is the same Smoke blowing of, we test them because we want everyone's "user experience" to be......etc.

Yada Yada Yada. Whats even more disturbing is, (Google is fully at blame for this)  unlike apple who dictates the rules to the carriers, Google allows the carriers to dictate the rules to them. Yes, apple has just a few phones to update, but  when the new iOS is released every phone on every carrier worldwide, no matter what bands it uses or what other modifications were built into it, gets the update within a day or two! If Google (removed) they would just push out the update themselves or make it downloadable and let Verizon cry about it later, chances are, they would never even notice!

Edited for content as required by the Terms of Service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Doctor - We would be lost without you! I am confident we can continue to offer you the best value and the best support! I would love the opportunity to show you that we do appreciate your loyalty. Please follow me back and send a Direct Message with your information so we can discuss your options to stay.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
GameDiversity
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think the Google Nexus 5 will be announcement this week. If so, and it hits the Play store, I will be pre-ordering. Now, I need to find the right prepaid carrier.

wchatam
Enthusiast - Level 2

Check out Aio Wireless. I bought a Nexus 4 from the Google Play Store about a month ago when they reduced the price, and I started using Aio Wireless as my carrier at that time. There are no contracts or sign-up fees, and the advertised price is what I'm billed each month (no hidden fees or charges).

It's from AT&T and uses AT&T's network. After using it for a month, I'm pleased with it. Honestly, the AT&T coverage in my area isn't quite as good as with Verizon, but it's close. I haven't found any dead spots, but there are times when the signal is lower than with my Galaxy Nexus on Verizon. It's still better than T-Mobile and Sprint, though.

Overall, Aio has been a good middle-ground between coverage, price, and phone options. The coverage is better than T-Mobile but not as good as Verizon. The price is better than Verizon and on-par with T-Mobile. Also, it supports the phones from the Google Play Store, and the FCC leaks of the Nexus 5 indicate that it will work on the Aio/AT&T network as well.

My Verizon contract expires on December 15th, and I'll be moving everyone else from my Verizon family plan to Aio then. I'll be saving enough money by switching that I'll be able to purchase a new phone from the Play Store every year.

It has been great having the Nexus 4 for the past month. It has Android 4.3, and the updates are pushed directly from Google and not Verizon or AT&T. I'm betting that it receives 4.4 (Kit Kat) before Verizon releases 4.3 for my Galaxy Nexus.

GameDiversity
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey, thanks ... been with Verizon since 2002, so a little nervous about the switch ... but here goes ...

Update, looks alike they have LTE coverage in my area, thanks, again!