readyfireaim
Enthusiast - Level 3

BRAVO, cyberfrog.  Well said.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Nexus 4.3 OTA Upgrade?
readyfireaim
Enthusiast - Level 3

"You would rather them get it right..."

That is where the difference in opinions between you and the 99% of Nexus (In air quotes) owners differ.  As a Nexus owner,  >> removed << .  We want bleeding edge.

If VZ would release 4.3 to the Nexus owners, we would have that bad boy beta tested, all glitches found in 24 hours, and reported succinctly to all VZ engineers. If we typed up a glitch, we would be available for follow-up questions, or would be willing to pull any log files from our phones so they could troubleshoot the issue.

Ann, I respect you as a Community Leader here on the board.  However, VZ is missing the boat on how phones are developed and the technology is advanced.  VZ missed out on the Nexus 4.  Ubuntu is developing a phone that will be bleeding edge in hardware as well as software.  I want to help, but am left out in the cold with my Nexus device.  I just want to scream to VZ, "PUT ME IN COACH!!!", but I feel it is falling on deaf ears.

>>Post edited to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service    Discussion concerning rooting, jailbreaking, or modding is not permitted in this forum<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Dabogues
Enthusiast - Level 3

Fascinating. Ironically, the only way to get a true Nexus experience is to do something that they don't want you to talk about.

(rooting discussion removed)

Comments edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

readyfireaim
Enthusiast - Level 3

And the REALLY ironic thing is, the phone is unlockable by DESIGN. 

(VZ moderator, yes, the phone is unlocked out of the box. )

Like I said earlier, "PUT ME IN COACH. GIVE ME THE ROCK (4.3).  I will beta test the ever loving tar out of it, and let you know if I find any glitches."

Anyone else agree?  Can I get an AMEN?!

Pyro411
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Readyfireaim -- Close but not quiet. The bootloader is locked but not

encrypted allowing for easy unlocking without need for exploits to unlock

it.

I agree, sign me up for getting 4.3.0 or 4.3.1 & I'll test the snot out of

it as well.

0 Likes
TheVTech
Enthusiast - Level 3

Amen. This thread makes me smile daily. The over all ignorance to it's own customers never fails to make me laugh when it comes to Verizon and what is said on these forums.

It's a NEXUS!!!!! What part of this did you miss the first time?

Comments edited for discussing moderation as required by the Terms of Service.

0 Likes
NeedMoreCoffee
Enthusiast - Level 3

The months tick on by. No 4.3. 

0 Likes
cyberfrog
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's what I want to know, what work, if any is being done on Verizon's end to bring 4.3 to the Nexus.

If you can give a potential release date regarding 4.3 for handsets such as the S4 and HTC one, you can certainly give one for the Nexus.

This will likely not get a response, but after 7 years as a verizon customer, I'm officially doing research on other carriers.

Comments edited for mention of moderation as required by the Terms of Service.

0 Likes
TheVTech
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why did you buy a Galaxy Nexus then? Obviously you have no concept of what it is and should own a Droid and be happy.

We bought a Nexus for the Nexus Experience. THAT means we GET UPDATES NOW not in 6 months AFTER Verizon decides it's ok.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

TheVTech2007 wrote:

Why did you buy a Galaxy Nexus then? Obviously you have no concept of what it is and should own a Droid and be happy.

We bought a Nexus for the Nexus Experience. THAT means we GET UPDATES NOW not in 6 months AFTER Verizon decides it's ok.

The Galaxy Nexus is NOT a "Droid". It is an Android device. Droid is a branding exclusive to Verizon Wireless and licensed from Lucas Arts.

I bought the Galaxy Nexus because of the Stock UI, minimum bloatware and I was able to purchase it off contract at great deal. I was hoping for slightly faster updates, but I wasn't going to be surprised if it didn't happen.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes