Re: Galaxy Nexus 4.3 OTA Upgrade?
jerryroy1
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

windnwar, trust us. We're not ignoring you. We only want the best for you. This is why we've partnered with Samsung to manufacture devices exclusively for our network. As a result, all software updates sent to competitor wireless carrier devices are not always compatible or in the best interest of our customers. Samsung has to pass a few difficult tests before pushing software updates to our customers to ensure that you have the best wireless experience possible!

Lasina_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
laversano
Enthusiast - Level 3

"We're not ignoring you. We only want the best for you."

This is a fairly common response said by abusers to their victims.

"Samsung has to pass a few difficult tests before pushing software updates to our customers to ensure that you have the best wireless experience possible!"

I guess the rest of the world has substandard testing policies? Because that is what you are saying. The update fro every other Non CDMA Galaxy Nexus has been out for over a month AND IT FIXES ISSUES!!!!!

0 Likes
MikeInATL
Contributor - Level 1

Lasina, again, then don't put the word "Nexus" on it!!!!

wchatam
Enthusiast - Level 2

If people want a phone that Verizon has tested, they have a variety of Droid, Samsung, and HTC devices to choose. Clearly, the Galaxy Nexus users don't want that and would rather get updates directly from Google. Why can't Verizon offer a phone with a true Nexus experience?

Currently, if someone wished to purchase a phone running the latest version of Android (4.3), they have 4 phones they can choose from AT&T - Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, HTC One Google Play Edition, and Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition. Verizon currently offers 0 phones with the latest version of Android. Zero. Nada. Zilch. No amount of cheeky comments from the customer service representatives can make up for Verizon's total lack of devices running the latest version of the Android OS.

Current score:

AT&T - 4

Verizon - 0

laversano
Enthusiast - Level 3

T-mobile also has 4 to Verizon's 0.

Ultimately Verizon doesn't care that we are a vocal minority. They are only interested in nickel and diming their customers to death. The only way that Verizon will ever care is if it hurts their bottom line. Sadly, we do not have the numbers to make it worth their while. I will be leaving Verizon as soon as the next Nexus is announced. I assume others will as well. Verizon won't care. 

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

wchatam wrote:

If people want a phone that Verizon has tested, they have a variety of Droid, Samsung, and HTC devices to choose. Clearly, the Galaxy Nexus users don't want that and would rather get updates directly from Google. Why can't Verizon offer a phone with a true Nexus experience?

Currently, if someone wished to purchase a phone running the latest version of Android (4.3), they have 4 phones they can choose from AT&T - Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, HTC One Google Play Edition, and Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition. Verizon currently offers 0 phones with the latest version of Android. Zero. Nada. Zilch. No amount of cheeky comments from the customer service representatives can make up for Verizon's total lack of devices running the latest version of the Android OS.

Current score:

AT&T - 4

Verizon - 0

None of those phones are sold directly through AT&T. They are unlocked phones that can work on any GSM carrier.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
wchatam
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann154 wrote:

wchatam wrote:

Current score:

AT&T - 4

Verizon - 0

None of those phones are sold directly through AT&T. They are unlocked phones that can work on any GSM carrier.

That's true, but it doesn't change the fact that Verizon doesn't currently offer any phones with the latest version of Android or a true Nexus experience. At least with AT&T and T-Mobile, I have the option of buying an unlocked phone with the features I want. Verizon doesn't even provide the option.

Why won't Verizon allow CDMA versions of the Google Play Store phones?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It could have been Google that made that decision too. They were the ones that decided the Nexus 4 wasn't going to have a LTE radio for any carrier.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MikeInATL
Contributor - Level 1

Ann, they also decided it wouldn't have a CDMA radio.  I'm quite certain they decided that so VZW couldn't orphan that one like they did the Galaxy Nexus.

0 Likes