Re: Galaxy Nexus 4.2.1
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

On any other carrier that's what it means.

Saturnine
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes it was.  That was explicitly said to me by the rep(s) from whom I purchased my phone.  It worked great until Jellybean.  Now the battery dies in about 2 hours, it thinks the charger is plugged-in when it isn't, and the bluetooth got very flakey.  All the day of the update.

I pay verizon and should not have to wait for bug fixes.  It is their (neglected) responsibility and this is why I'll be changing companies when it becomes convenient.

0 Likes
Chwith

Here's the thing, it's not necessarily a matter of need. Some people like having the latest version of the OS and you shouldn't feel like you HAVE to <Deleted> your phone to get them on a Nexus device. (Full disclosure: <Comments deleted to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.> I wanted the stock android experience and all that comes with a Nexus device.)

Bottom line is that we were SOLD a Nexus phone. For most Android users that name means things and there are certain expectations that come with it. Verizon has not delivered ONCE since the phone's release and frankly, Google would be foolish to let them have another which is sad.

Although to be fair, Verizon isn't the only party to blame here. Google allowed all of this to begin with.

<Discussion of rooting and hacking of any device is not permitted on the forum per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
locutus1701
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately it will never come from Verizon. They EOL'd (End of Line) the Galaxy Nexus (the Verizon version). This means that Verizon will no longer be doing anything about it.

0 Likes
zombielove69
Contributor - Level 1

They have updated phones after EOL before, just today the Thunderbolt got ICS for example. My Droid 1 had at least 2 updates after eol that I remember. End of life usually means just end of them selling it. If they have discontinued updating it they better release back to Google to update it then, because Google will update for at least anther year or two more.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Even the original DROID Incredible is scheduled to get a minor update this month too. Its update pages were updated shortly after the Tbolt's update was announced.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rfeng

I've been following the clamor over the update for some time.  On the realistic front......I can't MAKE Verizon do it now however I am a bit frustrated because there is no explanation as to why.  I can concur with Starkiller that one of the  pitch points for the galaxy nexus was how it would update directly from Google and thus bypass a lot of time delay in carriers pushing updates.  Since Google was directly involved it would be a phone that had a longer life to it and someone immune to changing phone model lines for the sake of sales. 

I can agree with re4ee's comments also that perhaps they are taking more time to see how it is working in real-time for customers from other carriers.  Let them suffer the bugs and ensure that Verizon doesn't follow suit.  I know that Verizon received a lot of problem calls with it when it first came out I am sure that they don't want to do that again.  Samsung was useless to assist. But in that regard it is only speculation.  Without some open communication to the customer it makes it rather frustrating and without answers. 

I do know that during my original introduction to using my galaxy nexus that there were problems with it and in just a simple principle that I stayed with was they toted it as the best for the uses you require....I paid the price and was told it performed at a certain level so that means that my expectation is that it does exactly what it was toted to do.  Offering excuses that it was Samsung's fault or that it is just the way it is when you have a new line of phone is not an acceptable answer.  It is skirting responsibility and it is false advertising as it did not perform as stated.  I've worked out those bugs but I still expect a high level of service and customer care.  Just say it like it is and give the bottom line....not excuses, I could handle that a lot easier.  I am not saying that it is at that level yet because I have not been given any factual information however if it cannot perform as intended then just for integrity's sake of the company and customer loyalty provide everyone who has one with the offer of a phone of the same original retail value paid for it and same expectation of quality presented by Verizon as an optional choice.  That would engender customer trust. 

In the meantime though I expect something to happen. 

0 Likes
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

If "waiting for updates" is part of the "User Experience" then Verizon has finally figured out how to exceed customer expectations.

0 Likes
Kurv
Enthusiast - Level 2
caninelover
Enthusiast - Level 3

Let's hope it works well after all the waiting and screaming. I'll put my trust in Verizon. I really believe they waited untill all the bugs were taken care of. I'm a very happy FIOS subscriber and I want to keep my cell with them.

0 Likes