GNex ICS 4.0.4 released May 24, 2012
nexus_truth
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can anybody confirm this article claiming Verizon has released ICS 4.0.4 for OTA? I have not been able to update my device so I am suspecting it to be false, but I wanted to get  the consensus of everyone.

http://global.christianpost.com/news/galaxy-nexus-receives-android-4-0-4-on-verizon-75516/

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: GNex ICS 4.0.4 released May 24, 2012
AZSALUKI
Legend

i have yet to see anyone that's recieved it. there's a bunch of blogs reporting it but nobody cites anything, or if they do, they are all citing each other (which is why i'm growing tired and android blogs). i've seen a number of blogs similar to this:

http://androidcommunity.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus-4-0-4-update-available-for-download-now-20120523/

it says you can get it from google, but that it is supposedly on verizon's servers, so who knows. i guarantee that people will post here as soon as an "available update" shows up on their nexus.

0 Likes
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon is delaying the update as they try and figure out how to maximize profits by charging costumers who would like to have their phones fixed.

0 Likes
kyleb350
Enthusiast - Level 2

On the other hand, I am still within my 14 day window after purchasing the phone. I'm sure Verizon wouldn't appreciate me constantly returning phones for brand new ones. I'm sure it's costing them money withholding the update.

0 Likes
jtown
Contributor - Level 3

The Christian Post should be ashamed.  It's not very Christian to spread lies.

0 Likes
rebretz
Contributor - Level 2

You should have known better than to trust a the Christian Post with anything regarding technology. Someone over there probably saw that Google posted the fix for the Galaxy Nexus again and assumed it was being released yesterday.

0 Likes
artj
Enthusiast - Level 3

Google has placed the updated on their servers. A little searching and reading will get you there.

0 Likes