Re: GNEX 4.0.4?
ronban
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received the OTA update this morning @ 9am.

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Typically, though, it seems as if they do it late at night, probably when there is less load on their servers.

0 Likes
MikeInATL
Contributor - Level 1

I know this is a little off topic, but does anybody know that if things may be different now that Google owns Motorola?  If they now have access to CDMA licenses and can possibly update CDMA devices directly instead of waiting on the carrier?

0 Likes
nexus_truth
Enthusiast - Level 3

Google has made it clear they plan to allow Motorola to operate on its own with little intervention from them. I do not think Google plans to adopt the same strategy as Apple when it comes to Android and the phones it runs on.

0 Likes
MikeInATL
Contributor - Level 1

You may be right.  I guess I was hoping the deal would somehow give Google, via Motorola, access to the "proprietary" info that would allow them to "sign" the code themselves (or whatever VZW has to do).  And then moving forward they could update our devices directly instead of us having to wait on VZW.  That would be extremely good but I don't know if that's even a possibility.

0 Likes
nexus_truth
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am kind of a thorn in Verizon customer services side and have been lucky enough to talk with several people in tier 2 tech support that are extremely familar with the Gnex or are a Verizon Gnex beta tester.

As for the serial numbers, I am not totally sure. I've gotten mixed responses from Verizon and I am still trying to find out the exact details. I have been told its by numbers running low to high and that it is random. If I find out more I will post it here.

0 Likes
bgoff60

Where are you located?

0 Likes
bgoff60

If it is by S/N, where would you find the number they are using?

0 Likes
nexus_truth
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would assume its on the label underneath the battery. That is generally where S/N are located on other phones.

0 Likes
danbrown
Contributor - Level 1

Settings > About Phone > Status