Frustrating issue with Galaxy Nexus
ABirrell

I purchased a Galaxy Nexus back in January and am current on 4.0.4.  Overall, I've been satisfied with this device.  However, in the past couple months a very annoying bug has surfaced, and I have been unable to find anyone experiencing similar behavior. 

My Galaxy Nexus will "lock" or "freeze" and be completely unresponsive at times.  This usually happens during phone calls, after I've completed my call I bring the phone down from my ear when usually it wakes, I get a dark screen.  The power button or any touch to the screen will not wake the device.  If I'm leaving a voice mail, this will completely lock until I yank the battery, but if the other party hangs up first it will force it to the home lock screen.  However, the home lock screen is the second place I'm experiencing this bug.  I will press the power button to wake the device, the screen will display but no screen touch is registered and I futilely try to slide the circle to unlock. 

More frustrating is that i did some searching on my own to try and determine the solution and the Safe Mode will not enable on my device.  After turning off the phone, and powering up while holding the volume down button, my device loops on the boot up animation and I get a vibration of one short, one long every 60 seconds or so.  When I let the device boot after this, I get the stock wallpaper, but other installed apps are still enabled.

Any help on this would be appreciated, otherwise I'm going to have this returned for an exchange.

0 Likes
Re: Frustrating issue with Galaxy Nexus
re4ee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sounds like malware to me.  Search some of the developer forums out there to find a safe way to identify and remove malware or viruses.

0 Likes
ABirrell

Possible, but I've had Lookout Mobile Security installed since I got the phone and it has never turned anything up.  Since posting, I've only encountered the frozen lock screen once, so this is a difficult bug to reproduce.  If there are any logging tools used by developers, is it possible that could leave a trail as to what's causing this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ABirrell!

I'm sorry that you have been having issues with your device recently. It is a phone with so many awesome functions and features, so we want to get it working! Safe mode is an important function to diagnose issues with the phone. Since this not working, I would recommend performing a hard reset on the device. After you do this, make sure to only load one application a day. This will help you determine if an app is causing the issue, and which one.

Hard Reset: http://bit.ly/swCYZF

Let us know your results!

Katie H
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes