Re: Froyo to be released Tomorrow
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

I was told when I bought my phone (the week after it released) that the 2.2 update was a few weeks away. I didn't believe or care about it then, I don't believe or care about it now. my fascinate works great with 2.1.

0 Likes
JohnnyMac

This is a maintenance release, folks. Not a major update to 2.2 or even 2.3 (rumors exist about skiping 2.2 and going straight to 2.3 but that is wishful thinking).  What you will see on the 10th is more than likely the GPS patch that all of the other carriers rolled out a month ago or more.  Don't be too disappointed.

FWIW, I am running a stock Android 2.1 ROM on my Fascinate and my GPS is now performing flawlessly.  At least it's not a hardware issue with the Galaxy line.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah, I'm thinking it'll just be the Dl09 or later MR.  It's highly unlikely that Verizon kept a lid on it and prevented a froyo leak from reaching the developer's community. 

0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

@johnnymac what does that mean a stock 2.1 rom? Does that mean the way the phone came from factory or is there something you did and we could do to improve our phones? Thanks

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

roachman55 wrote:

@johnnymac what does that mean a stock 2.1 rom? Does that mean the way the phone came from factory or is there something you did and we could do to improve our phones? Thanks

stock= untouched from verizon. updates have likely been applied.

mine is stock, also. I have applied the updates, but my gps always worked extremely well. any minor issues I have had were thankfully resolved with a reboot.

0 Likes