Froyo to be released Tomorrow
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

Was at verizon store in Tampa on Sunday and the sales rep said the update will be Jan 5th so we will find out tomorrow. I told him dont **bleep** me and he said it will be available on Wednesday

0 Likes
Re: Froyo to be released Tomorrow
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

ok, I'm holding my breath.  Someone call 911 if I don't post tomorrow.

0 Likes
ARossetter
Contributor - Level 1

I love these threads. If anyone needs me, I'll be sitting in the lawnchair in the corner getting a nice tan from the flames that are sure to ensue.

EDIT: Frank, do these forums a favor and post the name and location of the sales rep that is spreading this rumor so that the Verizon powers that be can remind that person that there's no release date for Froyo. Either that or ask this person to site their source within Verizon or Samsung so we can bug that person directly.

Actually, just post the name and location of the person. *I* will be happy to call that store and speak to that person directly. Might be fun.

0 Likes
CR6
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'll believe it when I'm downloading it.  There hasn't been any information released by Verizon so I'm rather hesitant to believe the rep who said this.  There have been quite a few "leaks" made by Verizon reps in the past that have been completely bogus, so until an actual Verizon spokesperson comes out and tells us it's being released, I'll continue to keep my fingers crossed. 

Besides, Verizon is usually the last carrier to get updates, especially on the Galaxy S series.  I guess there's a first time for everything, so yeah, that would be great!  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
lthibeault

so much for froyo today...

however for those that didnt see this yet...

http://erictric.com/2011/01/05/verizon-wireless-to-update-samsung-fascinate-blackberry-bold-9650-and...

0 Likes
ChuckG73

MR 2 in a Maintenace Release not an OS upgrade.  I  have spoken with two people from Verizon Support who both stated that it started rolling out today and some people should wake up with the upgrade on their phone.

0 Likes
lthibeault

posted in wrong thread... oops

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

I was BSed from Rep at store, went back today to complain and he said a customer told him Froyo would be released today. So much for trusting an actuall emplyee of a company (VZW)  sorry everyone..

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

haha.  90% (probably higher) of those reps, in store and over the phone, are pretty much clueless of things unless it's happening right in front of them.  You could tell one the sky is falling and they'd probably tell a customer

0 Likes
squa8181

I hope you're right!  I was told mid-november by a saleman in Boston that the update was set for December 21st.. which obviously didn't happen.  But new leaked information said that the upgrade was set to release January 10th.  But the sooner the better! Let's hope your guy is right!

0 Likes