Re: Froyo 2.2
JIMD4
Enthusiast - Level 3

There may be a glimmer of hope. The Samsung website shows an update to Kies, a program used to update phones from your ocmputer. The software has the following description

"This is a sosftware upgarde for the US Cellular SCH-i500 (Mesmerize).
This softare upgrade will upgrade the Samsung Mesmerize from Android version 2.1 to Android version 2.2 Froyo.
You can Copy and Paste the following URL into your browser for more details.
http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/faqs/faqs_view_us.jsp?SITE_ID=22&PG_ID=2&PROD_SUB_ID=557&PRO..."  

Mesmerize is a phone with a common design and manual to Fascinate. Othere web bogs are reporting that Samsung has posted a Facebook item mentioning this but refering to 2.3: 

http://androidandme.com/2011/03/phones/samsung-updates-kies-in-anticipation-of-android-2-3-for-galax...

Maybe it is all just a rumor?

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

JIMD4 wrote:

There may be a glimmer of hope. The Samsung website shows an update to Kies, a program used to update phones from your ocmputer. The software has the following description

"This is a sosftware upgarde for the US Cellular SCH-i500 (Mesmerize).
This softare upgrade will upgrade the Samsung Mesmerize from Android version 2.1 to Android version 2.2 Froyo.
You can Copy and Paste the following URL into your browser for more details.
http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/faqs/faqs_view_us.jsp?SITE_ID=22&PG_ID=2&PROD_SUB_ID=557&PRO..."  

Mesmerize is a phone with a common design and manual to Fascinate. Othere web bogs are reporting that Samsung has posted a Facebook item mentioning this but refering to 2.3: 

http://androidandme.com/2011/03/phones/samsung-updates-kies-in-anticipation-of-android-2-3-for-galax...

Maybe it is all just a rumor?

keis does not work on the fsacinate

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Kies means nothing to those who have the Fascinate.  And that facebook post has been confirmed not to be an official samsung facebook page.

0 Likes
JIMD4
Enthusiast - Level 3

So much for dreamng huh?...lol  Maybe if all us Fascinate owners get together and buy enough Verizon stock to take over the Verizon board.................................:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
sandystorm

PJNC284 wrote:

Kies means nothing to those who have the Fascinate.  And that facebook post has been confirmed not to be an official samsung facebook page.

So what are you saying dont even bother posting on the facebook page for the April 1st blow up?

0 Likes
sandystorm

JIMD4 wrote:

So much for dreamng huh?...lol  Maybe if all us Fascinate owners get together and buy enough Verizon stock to take over the Verizon board.................................:smileyhappy:

The heck with Verizon just dont buy anymore samsung {word filter avoidance} junk from now on

0 Likes
Gonzo313
Recieved this response from Samsung regarding the 2.2 source code for the fascinate "Public firmware for froyo update version about SCH-I500 VZW (Fascinate) is not announced yet on the outside. After public release, we'll publish open source code of SCH-I500 VZW (Fascinate) on website. Please wait until early April. Thank you Sincerely yours." With the many lies Samsung have promised us I dont know if I believe them but at least thete not repeating the old "In the near future" bull
0 Likes
papa_leo
Contributor - Level 1

@sandystorm

Do join us on the Facebook!

0 Likes
DonM
Contributor - Level 2

Gonzo313 wrote:
Recieved this response from Samsung regarding the 2.2 source code for the fascinate "Public firmware for froyo update version about SCH-I500 VZW (Fascinate) is not announced yet on the outside. After public release, we'll publish open source code of SCH-I500 VZW (Fascinate) on website. Please wait until early April. Thank you Sincerely yours." With the many lies Samsung have promised us I dont know if I believe them but at least thete not repeating the old "In the near future" bull

eweek's take on the April release theory, at least there is a certain logic to it:

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-Wireless/Samsung-Epic-4G-Getting-Android-22-Froyo-Upgrade-682146...

T-Mobile became the first Galaxy S provider to offer users Froyo on its Vibrant in January. AT&T followed in February by allowing users to access Froyo, albeit by downloading it from a Web page. Verizon has yet to provide the Froyo bump for its Fascinate gadget.

If the pattern of monthly Froyo availability for first-generation Galaxy S phones holds, Verizon should roll out its Fascinate Froyo upgrade in April.

0 Likes
Streetdoc740
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm just sick of being bounced around and hearing "i'm sorry for your inconvience" I'm gonna inconvience them next contract. I will never again buy another verizon wireless contract, nor will i EVER buy another Samsung product. I already purchased another brand of flat screen tv due to the debacle.

SCREW YOU VERIZON AND SAMSUNG. MY MONEY SPENDS BETTER OTHER PLACES.

0 Likes