Re: Froyo 2.2 Update failing.
mhewski

The only trick is THIS:

• Device can not be Rooted, vzw Employees can not help with this.

(google it the reversal)

:smileywink:

0 Likes
Mjolnir106

I had the same problem and I figured out why. As far as i know it has to do with the fact that you may or may not have rooted the phone.

I'll come out about it cause I bought my phone second hand and am out of warrenty anyway.

I ROOTED MY PHONE. And it caused the problem.

To check if your rooted. Go to the market place and download Battle.net Authenticator Key. When it downloads open it.

If a warning pops up saying that your phone maybe rooted. Then you can't update your phone. You'll keep hitting that error every time.

If it doesn't tell you your phone maybe rooted then its a problem with the phone and I don't know how to help you. Sorry.

For those of you who are "rooted" simply {edited to comply with Terms of Service}

return your phone to stock then try the update again.

NOTE: I'M NOT RESPOSIBLE FOR ANY ERORRS THIS MY CAUSE UP TO AND INCLUDING BRICKING YOUR PHONE.

Again this is what i did and it fixed the problem.

Hope that helps. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
an0dyne
Enthusiast - Level 3

Grahxen wrote:

This was error.

I got this error: UPDATE FAILED or INCOMPLETE. reason: IP_PREVIOUS_UPDATE_FAILED.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Samsung-Fascinate/OTA-Froyo-install-fails/td-p/509006

Read that thread. That was the answer I got from VZW support. If you didn't do "that which shall not be typed", then you're in my boat

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi.

Are you able to use any data on your device?  What is your current software version?  If the device is rooted, the warranty is voided.  The Verizon Wireless software version prior to the 2.2 update is i500.EA28.  To view the software version, please follow the steps below.

• From the main screen, touch menu tab
  • Touch Settings
  • Touch About Phone
  • View information under Baseband Version

If you still need assistance, please send me a Private Message with your 10-digit mobile number, and I will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

0 Likes