Froyo 2.2 Update failing.
Grahxen

Cannot get the froyo update to install. Phone reboots after hitting ok on the install screen after download and error message pops up.

Anyone else having an upgrade/install issue with 2.2?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Froyo 2.2 Update failing.
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi.

Are you able to use any data on your device?  What is your current software version?  If the device is rooted, the warranty is voided.  The Verizon Wireless software version prior to the 2.2 update is i500.EA28.  To view the software version, please follow the steps below.

• From the main screen, touch menu tab
  • Touch Settings
  • Touch About Phone
  • View information under Baseband Version

If you still need assistance, please send me a Private Message with your 10-digit mobile number, and I will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Grahxen

This was error.

I got this error: UPDATE FAILED or INCOMPLETE. reason: IP_PREVIOUS_UPDATE_FAILED.

0 Likes
TheGiraffe78
I saw someone say they had the same issue and they pulled the battery, rebooted and was able to download and update just fine. If you have not done that I would give that a shot first.
0 Likes
Grahxen

trying that now..

Stinks that we have to redownload the update everytime, should just be a way to launch it again after it downloads the first time

0 Likes
tanman2324

Ya im having the same problem too:/

0 Likes
Grahxen

Still failing.... I guess i need to do a factory reset???

0 Likes
Grahxen

Ok, Hard reset phone, wiped out my SD card, took out battery several times. Tried update 7 times now still fails.

I even downloaded the update.zip posted on another forum and copied it to my sd card and tried running the update from the SD card.

Same Error message.

UPDATE FAILED or INCOMPLETE. reason: IP_PREVIOUS_UPDATE_FAILED

Anyone else solve this?

0 Likes
TheGiraffe78
Your best bet would be to go to a Verizon store and see if they have any tricks up their sleeve.
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah, I'd contact Verizon and get a replacement.  Sounds like you have one from the batch that just refuses to update.

0 Likes
tanstaafl1963

Are any of these phones showing the problem Rooted?

Might that be the issue?

0 Likes