Re: For those of you with signal issues, did 4.0.4 fix your problems?
fergieg
Contributor - Level 2

From my experience, Verizon Samsung CDMA smartphone radio is the worst in the industry. This topic just reminds me of the same radio fiasco with the Fascinate as well as the Charge and Nexus.

The screeching, chopped conversation issue is NOTHING NEW to Verizon's Samsung smartphones. At this point, here is my advice - just be prepared for the following:

1. False promise of "the next update with address the call quality issue" over and over and over again.

2. Recertified (but still defective) replacements offered by TECHNOLOGICALLY CLUELESS reps. Remember this: the ONLY people you get to talk to about your issues/problems are SALES PEOPLE, even if they have the CSR labels, and every minute they are talking to you about your issue is a MINUTE WASTED by not selling.

3. Pressure to upgrade once you have ANY line in your account is eligible.

0 Likes
toddmi

Not one bit! My Galaxy Nexus is by far one of the worst phones you have ever put out and without a battery manager installed you might as well leave it plugged into the wall!!!!! As for the signal strength of this phone I'd rather have my glitchy Droid X2 back......

0 Likes
Delro2

I have a Galaxy Nexus. This is my 2nd one, a replacement  to the one I lost.  My original one had occasional signal issues - annoying but tolerable after an update.  This replacement one is a different story.  It received the 4.0.4 update the other day.  Great!  So I thought.  

It seems as if everytime I unlock the phone the signal gets lost. My patience is starting to get lost with it.  It's unfortunate because other than this signal issue, I like the phone and I like Verizon's coverage.  However, if this isn't fixed soon, I'll be on the market for a different phone and maybe a different carrier.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

In case you missed it, this was posted earlier:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/865345#865345

As for your battery, I use JuiceDefender, if I don't have it enabled, I go to sleep w/ it fully charged and wake up w/ it 30-40%. It's usually at 80% w/ Juice Defender in the first setting, I've not used extreme or custom.  There are other batter saver apps out there also.

0 Likes
Mrniceguy2012

Smiley Sad   No it did not fix my phone,  some phones have been rumored to have defective antenna parts , but who knows, I am on my third Samsung Galaxy S III and frankly I have been beat up by Verizon over this matter to the point of packing and moving on.  Oh, Well I will stop venting , but crap dropped call after dropped call after dropped call, is absolutely frustrating and costly when your of a business call.  Also, since the update I have had many apps crash on me, I might have to do another hard reset to straighten the phone out, I don't know but something has to be done about this , it has driven me crazy!

0 Likes
like2angle
Enthusiast - Level 3

For what its worth I want to update my previous post.

I am now on my  3rd replacement phone. It is now screeching painfully every few calls and But my warranty period is up...

I feel cheated. I paid a premium price for a phone that won't even make 1/2 the contract life and Verizon could care less. Not doubt they can't wait to charge me and upgrade fee on my next device so they can keep on cheating me!

0 Likes