Re: For those of you with signal issues, did 4.0.4 fix your problems?
shirke
Enthusiast - Level 3

You mean you running Ver 9 after 4.0.4 update.mine is Ver 10 after 4.0.4 update.

and I have a weak or no signal

0 Likes
nimiaj
Contributor - Level 3

The hardware version is not dependent on the software you run. It will always be 09 or 10 depending on what it was on your phone. if you have 10, it was 10 before the update as well...

0 Likes
PortlandSunDevil

I had a "Korean" built nexus which was buggy and would not accept the 4.0.4 update.  It just froze after the reboot.  I got a replacement sent and it was a "China" built phone.  I lost connection 28 times in less than 24 hours.  I called Verizon and the "China" built phones are known to have the reception, drop calls and data loss issues.  They sent me anoter Nexus (I made sure it was the Korean version as Samsung is a KOREAN company) and the phone is exactly what I had been hoping for.  No issues with service, no launcher crashing, no android.media.process has stopped.  I recommend to anyone with the reception issues to pull the battery and check if your phone is a "Chinese" version or a "Korean" version.  Just my two cents but I am very happy with my 3rd nexus.  Lets hope it lasts.

0 Likes
nimiaj
Contributor - Level 3

I still have my original shipped GalNex. And it is Korean made. Before 4.0.4 I had a lot of network drop and reboot issues, but all is good now.

0 Likes
Greenaroo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hasn't helped me at all.

0 Likes
michellecrawford85

my spouse and i have had the galaxy nexus for about 2 weeks now, we are in a high signal strength area but here are our problems...

we dont get any signal, not even a bar on the phone, cant even make a single phone call without it being dropped, battery life is horrible, basically we have to keep the phone plugged into the charger to hold battery life. cant even access the internet regardless if its 3g or 4g.  when i do make a phone call the other person says it sounds like im 20 feet away from my phone, and its always cutting out, sounds very cracky.

we have done alot of research on the phone and i am now taking all the forms ive found into verizon to complain, why pay $160+ a month for two phones if we cant even use them correctly. we already tried talking to verizon once and they tried saying its our fault because we are in a bad signal area, when we arent, we`ve looked at the maps for sinanl and according to the map everything within a 50 mile range is 100% covered. im sick of these issues and i want them fixed. verizon is suppose to be the best phone  service for my area, but yet i cant even use mine. we have heard that verizon is getting so sick of this that some people have gotten the razor in replacement and have had no issues.

i have owned smart phones before but by far this phone has been the worse, even prepaid through verizon gets better signal strength then this.

0 Likes
like2angle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi all,

Well it has been more then a month since the update. My phone switches between different services without my intervention or restarting. I try and keep my phone on CDMA only to extend the battery life but here in West Los Angeles it shows i have plenty of signal but there is no connectivity. It does work in other areas, well sometimes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The software update to the 4.0 should have addressed data connectivity trouble. It's good to know that the bars of service show up but we want to have your data working wherever it is that you are. Please try the steps below to try and fix your trouble.

1. In Settings make sure WiFi is set OFF.  WiFi being ON, even when not connected to a network, may impact the Verizon signal from coming through.
2. Turn the phone off and remove the SIM Card for 30 seconds. Insert the SIM Card and turn the phone back on like normal. This forces the phone to refresh with our towers and can improve the experience.
3. Verify there aren't any "Battery Saver" or "Battery Monitoring" applications as these have control over your data connection.

Once those are all checked please retest and let us know if the trouble is resolved.

Thank you,

MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jetmanFl410
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is nothing you can do to fix the problem so stop acting like you are trying to help people solve the issue!  Almost all of your CErtified Like New devices have this issue and I had to go through this stupid step every time I called y'all!  I finally settled on a Galaxy Nexus with a purple screen because your customer service is SO great!  PLUS NO JELLY BEAN!  Google, sprint, and Canada have it, but we don't!  Pathetic

0 Likes
Bishyaler
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and I are in the same boat as you. 

Two nexus devices that drop data and calls, and have no battery life unless on Wi-Fi.   The cellular radios in these phones are worthless.   We're on our 4th phones and Verizon Customer Service will not give us a different model or give us a discount to buy different phones.

0 Likes