Fascinate won't connect to wifi at home
HBarreras

Why won't my Samsung Fascinate connect to my wifi network at home? I have recently purchased a router for the house and everything else connects fine. My kids iPods sometimes have to be really close to it but when I can be sitting in front of it and it won't connect. The password is right and it says it is connected but I am not able to browse.

0 Likes
Re: Fascinate won't connect to wifi at home
butterat
Enthusiast - Level 3

My WiFi is super sensitive, too, but a reboot will generally help.  I've found that I have to have a high-quality router, too.  Do you have this issue when you try to connect to WiFi elsewhere?

0 Likes
HBarreras

I don't have a problem connecting anywhere else. I will try and reboot the router.

0 Likes
HBarreras

I have rebooted the router, it says it has my phone connected to the network. But I pull up my browser on my phone and Google homepage pulls up, but I can't search/browse.

0 Likes
butterat
Enthusiast - Level 3

It may be due to Internet/loading speed - I've noticed that my Fascinate times out if a page doesn't load in a specified amount of time.

0 Likes
Darkslith

DId you ever figure out what was going on? I had to do a hard reset the other day and now my phone is doing the same thing, "connected" but wont load anything

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Darkslith, I also use the WiFi connection at home to save data usage on my plan and would be upset if my phone did not connect so I definitely understand your concern. But don’t worry because I’m here to help!

Are you still unable to connect you your home WiFi? Are other devices connecting to that WiFi? Are you able to connect to other WiFi connections?

I researched this and did not find it to be a known reported issue with your phone. I suggest power cycling the router and your phone. Once powered on retry.

Keep me posted.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes