Fascinate won't charge anymore
le271828

I've had my fascinate since September 2010. Yesterday my phone seemed to quit charging.  I thought it was the battery so I purchased a new one.  It won't charge that battery either.  It does a curious thing.  When my phone is off and I connect it to a charger or to a computer the phone turns on by itself but continues to run off the battery.  If it try to shut down the phone while it's connected to a charger or a computer it shuts down them immediately reboots and continues to run off the battery.  No charger seems to work: verizon's wall charger, verizon's car charger, or different USB cables to my computer.  Is this a known problem with the fascinates?  Is this a software problem? 

0 Likes
Re: Fascinate won't charge anymore
Not applicable

Hi le271828:

I'd love to get your charging issue taken care of. We can safely deduce that the problem with the device itself, and it's not the charger or battery. Thanks for posting the details of your troubleshooting. The only way to test whether or not the issue is software or hardware related is to attempt a factory reset on the device. If the issue occurs after the factory reset, we know it's a hardware problem.  If it's found to be a hardware problem, we'll need to look into replacement options for you. Feel free to DM me directly or call 866-406-5154 (Warranty Center) to go over replacement options.

Good luck!

MikeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
katiehhoward

I'm having the same problem but my phone has completely lost charge and won't turn on. My phone is less than 1 year old. What should I do? Did you figure anything out about what the problem might be?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

katiehhoward wrote:

I'm having the same problem but my phone has completely lost charge and won't turn on. My phone is less than 1 year old. What should I do? Did you figure anything out about what the problem might be?

Have you attempted to charge the phone while off and connected to a wall charger?  Tried a different charger?  The microUSB port is universal for most phone charger these days.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
katiehhoward

I have tried that. Nothing seems to work. I've tried a number of different

outlets too.

0 Likes
JewlzJunkie

I am having the very same issues with my fascinate. It wont charge most of the time and then sometimes you can get it to charge for a day. It is to the point where i would just like a replacement device.

0 Likes