Fascinate randomly exiting out of programs
hurbie8

My boyfriend and I both have the Samsung Fascinate and ever since the update we have to major issues.  1. it randomly exits out of programs as if the back button is stuck.  Even if your not in a program you can feel it vibrating as if it is trying to. 2. it takes screen shots almost every time you try to lock your phone.

Both are becoming EXTREMELY annoying!

Does anyone know how to get these to stop??

0 Likes
Re: Fascinate randomly exiting out of programs
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

hurbie8 wrote:

My boyfriend and I both have the Samsung Fascinate and ever since the update we have to major issues.  1. it randomly exits out of programs as if the back button is stuck.  Even if your not in a program you can feel it vibrating as if it is trying to. 2. it takes screen shots almost every time you try to lock your phone.

Both are becoming EXTREMELY annoying!

Does anyone know how to get these to stop??

Factory reset will solve that problem, or I should say it should...
0 Likes
jonathanp63

Factory reset will solve that problem, or I should say it should...

I had the screen lock issue on my phone and still do.  I did a factory reset and receiving a replacement that was under warranty and I'm still having the same issues.

0 Likes
Not applicable

hurbie8, 

I certainly understand why those issues would be annoying. I searched our resources and I have not heard of either of these issues as known issues after the update. It sounds like you are having an issue with the back arrow itself. To take a screenshot, you would press and hold the back arrow, then press the power button. So the phone thinks you are pressing the back arrow, and that's what causes the phone to take a screenshot. When your phone exits out of applications, do you get an error or does it just go back to the main screen? Do you have any installed task killers that are set to auto kill apps? If so, I would suggest removing.

I would recommend doing a factory reset for this issue. A factory reset will erase all data on your device and set it to factory default settings. It will not erase anything on your memory card. You will need your Gmail address and password to setup your device again. I would also suggest creating a backup of your contacts just in case they are not all in Gmail or backup assistant. You can save them to your memory card by going to Contacts>Press the Menu button>Import/Export>Export to SD card. You complete the master reset by going to Settings>Privacy>Factory Data Reset>Reset Phone. 

Please let us know if this resolves your issue or if you need further assistance. 

0 Likes
N8WWD

I, too, am experienceing the same issue(s)

The back-button mysteriously presses, even though nothing is anywhere near it.

AND the screen capture when trying to lock the phone is annoying.

This all started taking place after the 'Froyo' update, as the 'Eclair' was operating just fine.

Also, when in a call, the back button will cause me to just drop a call in middle of conversation.

I have already done a Factory Reset a couple times, even tried to do a recovery, and same issue.

Any other suggestions?

Mike

0 Likes