Fascinate no longer connecting to Exchange server
mccorkle02476
Enthusiast - Level 2

After a year of flawless email through an Exchange server (required for work, switching is not an option), my Fascinate abruptly stopped communicating with the Exchange server.  I have tried deleting and re-creating the account several times without success.  After entering the required info about the server, name/password, SSL, etc., the phone tries to connect to the server and then displays "Setup could not finish.  Cannot connect to server."  Meanwhile, my laptop continues to use the same settings to connect to the Exchange server without difficulty.  I'm wondering whether this was caused by the multiple recent updates from Verizon.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fascinate no longer connecting to Exchange server
mccorkle02476
Enthusiast - Level 2

Turns out I was the victim of our company IT department.  They decided to upgrade the Exchange servers, changed the server address in the process, and updated the address on all the computers through the network but didn't bother to tell smartphone users so we could update our devices.  Apologies for wasting bandwidth.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mccorkle02476
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried a factory reset -- no improvement.  Connecting without problem to Gmail.  Can use the Fascinate's web browser to connect to to a web portal and read my Exchange account email that way. Still can not get Fascinate to talk to Exchange server, which means I have no calendar, no contacts, and no archived email.

0 Likes
mccorkle02476
Enthusiast - Level 2

Turns out I was the victim of our company IT department.  They decided to upgrade the Exchange servers, changed the server address in the process, and updated the address on all the computers through the network but didn't bother to tell smartphone users so we could update our devices.  Apologies for wasting bandwidth.

0 Likes